32 : new york.

d e r e k .

It's been a week since the engagement. Jules and I finally land back in Quantico, making it back to her apartment, jet-lag running through both of our bodies.

"I'm so exhausted." Jules yawns as I nod, running my fingers along my temple.

Jules sighs, basically falling asleep as she unlocks the door.

"Jules." I nudge as she doesn't move.

She really fell asleep in the doorway of her own apartment. I think to myself, chuckling softly as I open her apartment door.

I lift her up, careful not to wake her up. I slip into the bedroom with her, carefully taking off her shoes and jackets. I place her on the bed, her head slowly nesting onto the pillow. I cover her with the blanket, giving her a small kiss on the forehead as she smiles softly, drifting off to sleep.

I debate on climbing into bed with her, but instead, I decide to clean up her apartment a little bit. I unpack her suitcase - throwing dirty laundry from Chicago in the wash. I clean Roxy's food and water bowl, filling them both with more refreshing treats and water. I was some old dishes from the week before, drying each of them off before putting them away.

When I finish cleaning the apartment, I slip into Jules' bedroom quietly, being extra careful not to wake her up.

I slide under the covers with her, placing my phone on the bedside table. I nestle my head next to hers, wrapping my arms around her side, pulling her closer to me. Her warmth fills my body as I give her a small kiss on the forehead.

"I love you." I mumble in a low tone, drifting off to sleep.

•••

I wake up to the sound of buzzing, my body feeling refreshed. I check my phone - an incoming text from Hotch and Garcia.

From Penelope Garcia:
Hi! I'm so sorry to interrupt the sweet lovebirds weekend but JJ just informed me that we have a case! I'll see you guys soon. I love you both! <3 xo - penny g :)

From Aaron Hotchner:
I hope you both are well rested. We have a new case. Be at the BAU within 30.

I glance over to Jules, smiling softly at the visual of her sleeping soundly beside me. I cannot wait to marry this girl.

I bring myself closer, running my hand along her arm.

"Jules..." I mumble, "Jules, baby, wake up."

Jules whines softly, "Hm?" She mumbles in a low tone.

I chuckle, gently moving loose strands of hair out of her face, "C'mon baby, we have a new case. We gotta get going to the BAU." I state, smiling softly as I see her eyes flutter open.

Jules rubs her eyes, letting out a small yawn as she stretches. She turns to me, a small, blushed smile dancing on her lips.

"Good Morning Sunshine." I state in a playful tone.

She giggles softly, "Good Morning." She replies as I run my thumb along her cheek.

"We have a case." I whisper in a low tone, knowing she hates leaving for work after having a break.

Jules lets out a groan, "I'm going to go insane from working at the BAU. Sometimes work makes me think that I'll go into labor from all this stress." She states, rubbing her eyes.