3 : feelings

j u l e s

I walk onto the jet, immediately at as to take a seat.

"Here, you can sit with me." Spence says, allowing me to slide into a seat.

I sit down, taking a seat right across from Derek and next to Spence.

"Well hello there Pretty Lady." Derek says, a warm, cocky grin coming across his face.

"Not happening." I giggle lightly as he fake scoffs as if he's offended, making me giggle even harder.

"Aha, this is for you." He says, handing me a cup of coffee.

"Thanks." I say, a blushed smile coming onto my face.

A female figure joins our group, sitting down next to Derek.

"Hi there, I'm Elle Greenaway. I wasn't here this morning to introduce myself, but here I am now. It's nice to meet you." She says, a slight smile on her face.

"It's nice to meet you too. I'm Julianna Hotchner, you can call me Annie." I say back, my cheeks turning warm as I slightly blush, feeling Derek's eyes admiring me.

She nods before turning to Derek, starting a small side conversation.

"Hey there. I'm Luke Alvez. We met this morning." A male figure calls across the aisle.

"Hi, Julianna Hotchner." I say, placing my hand out as he shakes it firmly.

He's kinda cute, and he has nice hands. His hands even have veins. I think to myself as we release each other's grip.

Luke smiles, "So, Julianna, we're going out for drinks when we finish the case. You wanna join us?" He asks.

I glance over to my dad, "Oh, uh- I- I don't drink." I say, my cheeks flaring up.

"He won't say anything. And plus, it's not like you would be breaking the law or anything." Luke chuckles.

My cheeks flare up even more, "Well- uh- I'm not at the legal drinking age. I'm only twenty years old so no drinks for me. Thank you though." I say, managing to stifle a bit of a chuckle.

"You should still come out to the bar with us, you can still get in." Elle says, tracing her fingers in Derek's palm.

Are they a thing? I ask myself repeatedly as I make the decision.

"Maybe. I'll think about it." I say, hoping this conversation would end.

Elle groans, "Oh come on! It's not like Hotch can say anything about it! You're an adult!" She says.

I am an adult, but Hotch has pretty high standards and I don't want to disappoint him.

"Are we talking about the plans after the case?" JJ says, nudging Emily, who is standing beside her.

"Oh Annie, you should definitely come! It'll be so much fun!" Emily exclaims.

Derek glances over to me, "C'mon Jules, just think about it. You don't even have to buy a drink. You can dance on the dance floor with me."

"Fine. I'll come." I groan in defeat.

Derek cheers as Rossi and Hotch walk over to the group of us standing.

"Let's start the briefing for the case." He says as he chimes in Garcia through the laptop sitting on the table.

Everyone takes out their case files and takes their seats as the plane begins to soar through the sky.

I glance up from the case file, noticing Derek's eyes on me. I blush, a slight smile dancing on my lips.

•••

"Good job today Jules. It wasn't bad for it being your first case." Derek says to me as we drive back to the station in the SUV.

A light smile dances onto my lips at the thought of doing good on my first case.

I glance over to him, "Thanks. I just hope Hotch thinks so too." I respond, a nervous flutter feeling in my lower stomach.

I really don't want to disappoint my dad.

"You ready for tonight?" He asks.

I nod as we pull into the parking lot. Derek opens his door as I open mine. His eyes dart to me as he crosses over to my side.

"No no no, not this again." I squeal as Derek throws me over his shoulder.

"Let me do it for you!" He exclaims, placing me back in the car carefully, shutting the door behind me as I giggle.

"Here you go dear." He says jokingly as he reopens the car door for me.

"Thank you kind sir." I say as his hand darts to my side, tickling me.

I squeal and begin to run down the parking lot, trying to escape his grip.

After a bit, I notice Derek isn't behind me anymore. I look around, not seeing him anywhere.

"Derek?" I ask, curiously, looking around the parking lot for him.

"Gotcha!" He exclaims, pulling me into his arms, my legs flailing into the air as I squeal.

"Damn it! That's like the sixth time you've got me this week!" I giggle as he sets me back down.

"You have week game." He says, fixing my hair a bit.

"As if!" I exclaim, pretending to have hurt feelings as Derek and I walk in.

Hotch glances to us as we walk inside the building, "You guys ready to head back to the Jet?" He asks.

We both nod as I look over to the clock.

I glance over to Derek, "It's only 3:58pm. Isn't it too early to go out drinking?" I ask in a whispered tone.

Morgan releases a chuckle, "Y'know, for a girl who reads a lot, you are really dumb. We still have a three hour jet ride ahead of us, plus we all have to go home and get ready kid." He explains.

Kid. There's just something about the way he calls me kid.

I nod in understanding, "I have no idea what I'm going to wear." I say.

He chuckles, "Anything you where will look beautiful on you Jules." He whispers in my ear before walking away to meet up with Elle.

Anything you wear will look beautiful on you Jules. The words repeat themselves in my mind over and over.

I never expected to catch slight feelings for Derek over a max of four months working the case - I mean he's so much older and my dad's best friend, so I can't date him, it'll cause too much trouble, but he's a sweetheart and I don't see anything wrong with having feelings for him. I mean, it's not like he'll know, and it's not like he feels the same way.

I wish he did though. I wish there was a possibility of "us", but his head is too wrapped around Garcia and Elle.