36 : aftermath.

j u l e s .

[ gunshots ]

My heart stops as the gunshots ring through the car, "No... No, please no..." I begin, my voice shaky as I let out a heavy sob.

Hotch chucks his phone in anger and sadness.

Derek leans forward from the backseat and places his hand on my shoulder in comfort, glancing at Hotch and I, "Jules..." He begins.

I pull away, moving closer to the window. I shake my head in disbelief. This can't be happening - I think to myself. I bite my lip, trying to hold in a scream.

Hotch continues driving, fighting back tears. He steps on the gas as the car accelerates.

Derek takes his phone out, dialing the rest of the team.

"Hey Morgan." Reid mumbles through the phone.

Rossi clears his throat, "What's the plan when we get there?" He asks in a low tone.

Hotch lets out a heavy sigh, "When we get there - Prentiss, Morgan, Annie, and I will take the front of the house. JJ, Luke, Rossi, and Reid will take the back. Our goal is to find Foyet and take down that sun of a bitch without harming anyone else - so search the house for him..." He pauses, "And make sure to not startle Jack. Annie and I know where he is located. Neither of will take him out of safety until we know Foyet is locked up." He states as everyone mumbles in understanding.

I cannot believe this is my life now - some son of a bitch who has nothing better to do than to terrorize my family, a dead mom, hidden little brother, a father who's going to shut people out even more than usual, and me - running away from my problems like always.

We pull into the driveway of my mom's house. I hop out of the car, trying to walk away as quickly as I can - so that no one is able to give me there small pieces of pity.

I walk to the front door step with Hotch, Prentiss, and Derek. I carefully glance in the small, front window - giving Derek a small nod as he kicks down the door.

"FBI!" Prentiss calls out.

Hotch and I walk in quietly, not saying a word - the both of us still in shock and trying to comprehend the phone call.

JJ, Luke, and Reid check downstairs as Emily, Derek, Rossi and I stay on the main floor. Hotch glances at me before he walks upstairs.

"How are you feeling?" Morgan asks, following me into the living room.

I shake my head, "I just- I really don't wanna talk about it..." I mumble, glancing around.

Morgan nods, "That's understandable." He states, glancing around, "Clear." He calls out.

I nod, piercing my lips together as I walk into the office.

"Do you wanna go to dinner and-" Derek begins as I shake my head, cutting him off.

"Derek, please. Just- give me some space. I really can't handle talking about this right now, especially since I have to pretend like..." I stop myself in my tracks, searching the room thoroughly.