38 : torture

j u l e s .

I press the phone up to my ear, sitting up in the bed in worry, "Derek, talk to me. Derek!" I exclaim in fear, not knowing what's going on.

Derek grunts, "Jules, call Hotch. Call Hotch! Call Hotch! Uhh!" He winces.

Tears roll down my cheeks in worry as my jaw drops in fear.

I wipe the tears off my cheeks, "Derek? Are you there?! What's wrong?" I ask in worry.

Derek groans and winces in pain as I let out a heavy, fearful sob, "Derek! Derek! Derek! Ooh! Derek, are you there? What's wrong!? Derek!" I exclaim as the call hangs up.

I drop my phone onto the bed, running into Darnell's bedroom. I get him out of bed, getting him dressed almost immediately before leaving the house.

I speed down the street, rushing to the BAU. I need my dad - I know for a fact that the only place he'll be on the holidays is in his office.

The doors of the empty bullpen fly open as I let out a breathless cough, trying to catch my breath, "Dad! Dad!" I exclaim, looking around.

"Annie?" Emily asks in confusion.

I shake my head, "I...uh...I need..." I pant, looking around in fear, "I need my dad." I state.

Emily nods, "He's in his office." She states, gesturing towards the steps, "Wait... Annie, are you okay?" She asks.

I nod, "Yeah. I just- I need my dad. Is Garcia here?" I ask.

Emily nods, "She's in her laboratory. Do you want us to take him?" She asks, gesturing towards Darnell.

I nod, "Thank you." I state, handing her Darnell before running up the steps to Hotch's office.

I burst open the door, startling Hotch a bit.

He looks up at me in confusion, "Julianna..." He begins, "Annie what's wrong?" He asks, examining my facial expression.

I shake my head as tears flow down my cheeks, "You know I wouldn't be here if I didn't need you, dad. I'd be at home, laughing with Derek and Darnell. But Derek...he isn't home. He's gone- I don't know where they took him. One second we were on the phone and the next he was yelling 'Call Hotch! Call Hotch!' and I just- I didn't know where to go. I need your help, dad. Please help me. Please." I beg.

Hotch gives me a concerned look, "Annie, slow down. What is going on?" He asks.

I take a deep breath, "Derek and I were gonna watch a Christmas movie after the Thanksgiving dinner - but we ran out of ice cream, so he went to the store. He called me as he was walking back to his car, but there was an indistinct conversation...or uh...an argument with this man. And then uh- his words were slurring. And then all of a sudden there was the sound of Derek grunting and three men talking about if they got Derek properly or something. I'm uh- I'm not sure. I was panicking. All I know is that Derek is hurt and with some random guys he doesn't know and I need your help. I need the team's help. Please..." I beg.

Hotch nods, "The team will be here in twenty. But Annie..." Hotch begins.

I nod, "You can't let me go in the field." I state, piercing my lips together.

Hotch shakes his head, "You can go into the field with us...you just have to promise me that none of this will cloud your judgement because we need your help. You're the one who knows Derek best and you're the one who spoke to him last." He states in a stern tone.

I nod, "I completely understand. Thanks Dad." I state, standing up and walking over to the other side of his desk, giving him a tight hug.

Hotch nods, hugging me tight. Once I release myself from the hug, I turn on my heels, heading out of the office.