25 : speechless.

j u l e s .

I itch at my throat, nervous to say something, nervous that my sentence won't come out. I'm nervous that I'll never be able to talk again. I look up at Derek, his eyes longing - I can see the fear and worry as his eyes glisten in the light.

"Please say something Jules." Derek states, "Please, baby, say something." He says, taking a seat on the hospital bed.

I open my mouth, but no words come out, just a small cough.

"What are you trying to say? What's on your mind?" He asks, scooting closer to me on the hospital bed.

I open my mouth again as Dr. Shepherd flashes a light at my mouth, examining the back of my throat very carefully.

"What the hell did you people do in there?" Derek asks, anger rising in his tone.

"They did everything they were supposed to do..." Dr. Kepner says in a low tone, trying to calm down.

"Like hell they did!" Derek exclaims.

Dr. Shepherd steps closer to my bedside, looking at Derek sternly, "We did our jobs. Her life wasn't at risk during the surgery, neither was the baby's. Her surgery was only to stop the Pseudo seizures the best that we could, not put anyone at risk. She should be able to speak. Just give her time to get used to the changes. She had a mass pressing on the lobe of her brain that has to do with speech and thoughts - causing the seizures, but we got it out and there shouldn't be a problem." He explains, massaging the sides of my throats.

"But she's not talking..." Derek states, his voice shaky as his eyes turn red-rimmed.

"She will soon..." Dr. Kepner says.

Dr. Kepner is right - I can speak, I know I can. I'm just scared to. I'm scared that if I say something, previous things before the seizure will come up, and I'm really not ready for that. Not yet.

"Jules, baby, please... say something." Derek states, cupping his hands over my cheeks.

I look at him longing, my eyes meeting his, as I hold his gaze. I nod reassuringly.

"D-Derek-" I mumbles, my voice raspy.

My body trembles suddenly as my eyes flutter shut, everything going white again.

•••

d e r e k .

Dr. Shepherd pounces at Jules bedside as she begins shaking unstoppably, "She's seizing again!" He exclaims, lowering the bed as I get off.

Worry fills inside of me as I get off the bed.

I glance from Jules' shaking body, up to Dr. Shepherd, "What the hell happened?" I ask in a deep, exclaimed tone.

"We don't know yet." Dr. Kepner states.

The heartbeat monitor flatlines as Jules body stops shaking.

"Call a code blue!" Dr. Shepherd exclaims as Dr. Kepner pushes a button on the wall.

*Code Blue in ICU Room 401.* Repeats on the speakers, echoing through the hospital floor.

My phone begins ringing - It's Reid.

"Morgan." I state in reassurance as I pick up the call.

"I just heard the announcement. It's a code blue - isn't that the code for death?" He asks.

"Code for Death!?" I exclaim in worry.

Reid gasps, "Oh- uh shit- Morgan don't worry, Annie will be okay." He states in reassurance, trying to brush off what he just said.