Diagon Alley and School Shopping

Rishi nodded "Ok Nanna. C'mon Harry!"

Rishi grabbed a hold of Harry's hand and dragged him to the fireplace where Mr. Gopal was grabbing some powder.

Harry's eyes widened "W-what are you doing?"

"Floo travel" Mr. Gopal then turned to the fireplace and said "Leaky Cauldron." He grabbed onto Harry and dragged them into the fireplace. When they emerged, Harry looked around to the house gone. In its place, stood a pub.

"I was like that too the first time" Rishi laughed "We all are."

They brought Harry out of the pub and into a bustling alley filled with people. From what Harry could tell, it was some sort of magical mall with stores selling pets, wands, and spellbooks.

Mr. Gopal looked at Harry "I imagine that you have questions."

Harry nodded "Where are we? What is Gringotts? Why are we going?"

"This is Diagon Alley" Mr. Gopal replied "This is where most of Magical Britain's shopping occurs. Gringotts is a goblin-run bank used by most wizards. As for we are going..."

Mr. Gopal sighed "Harry, you said that you lived with your aunt and uncle, correct?"

Harry nodded so he continued "I used to know your parents. Deepa works at St Mungo, a magical hospital. One day, while I was visiting her, I ran into a man. He and his wife were there for a check-up. He was your dad, Harry. Since Deepa was also pregnant, she and your mom stayed in contact, exchanging tips and such. One day, Lily mentioned her family and how her sister absolutely despised her and magic. And yet, Lily put you in her magic-hating sister's care. That doesn't make sense."

Rishi nodded "Okay, so what can you do?"

Mr. Gopal opened his mouth but Harry beat him to it "My mom probably said who gets custody over me in her will. If in there, it says I shouldn't go to the Dursleys, you can make the case that I shouldn't live with them."

Mr. Gopal smiled "Exactly. I have some business to look after. You two can look around."

After he strode off, Rishi turned to Harry "Where do you wanna go?"

"The bookstore" Harry quickly responded.

Rishi gave a quick nod and they ran off towards Flourish and Blotts. When inside, Harry's eyes widened at the books. And of course, their topics.

"What are all these" Harry gaped.

Rishi laughed "Yeah, I should've seen this coming. Most books concern a few specific topics, which are taught at Hogwarts. They are Potions, Transfiguration, Charms, Defense against the Dark Arts, Herbology, Ancient Runes, History of Magic, and Astronomy along with a few others. Then there are non-educational topics like Quidditch and such."

Harry turned puzzled "What's Quidditch?"

Rishi laughed once again "I'll show you some time. Anyway, what sounds interesting?"

Harry began to respond but was cut off by a boy saying "Grandma! Can I get another Hebology book?"

They looked and saw a chubby boy speaking with his grandma. The grandma shook her head "No Neville. You already have many at home."

Rishi turned to Harry "That's Neville. I'll introduce you."

"Hey Neville" Rishi walked over with Harry following "Hello, Lady Longbottom."

Lady Longbottom tutted "Rishi. I've told you before. Call me Augusta."

Rishi smiled "Of course. This is my friend Harry Potter. Harry, this is Neville and Augusta Longbottom."