Electives and a Crush

In an earlier chapter, I posted a class schedule. Don't pay attention to it. Upon review, I've realized how stupid it is. It no longer holds any meaning.

"Aren't you guys excited" Parvati squealed "We finally get to go to Hogsmeade!"

"What's even in Hogsmeade" Rishi asked. In the Ravenclaw common room, most did not discuss Hogsmeade. Many students would go, but only a small group of people talked about it. Plus, that group included Cho and Rishi made a point not to listen to her.

Parvati rolled her eyes and began rattling off a list of shops. Rishi aptly listened while Harry stared out the window.

The return to Hogwarts was still very exciting for Harry. This year, would be even better. As a ploy to get on Harry's good side, Dumbledore hired Lupin as the Defense teacher. And of course, there was Hogsmeade and new classes.

"Which classes are you doing" Harry suddenly asked "I have Ancient Runes, Arithmancy and Care of Magical Creatures." It had slipped his mind until now.

"Divination and Care of Magical Creatures" Parvati replied, though she looked annoyed about Harry interrupting her.

"Ancient Runes and Arithmancy" came from Rishi.

"Care of Magical Creatures and Arithmancy" Draco told them.

Neville went next "I have COMC and Ancient Runes."

"Ancient Runes and Arithmancy" Daphne stated, gazing out the window.

Padma nodded "Same."

"I'm taking COMC, Divination, Arithmancy and Ancient Runes" Hermione said breathlessly.

The rest of the train ride went peacefully* with Parvati returning to her rant of Hogsmeade. When the group finally arrived, they left the train and eventually, were back at Hogwarts. At Ravenclaw, they saw Luna. When Padma asked where she was on the train, she smiled "I was looking for dabberblimps."

It was chalked off as Luna being Luna and nothing more was said (though Hermione gave her an exasperated looks). The sorting flew by and before Harry knew it, he was in his bed, sleeping.

The next day, the gauntlet of classes began. Charms was as fun as ever. Care of Magical Creatures, wasn't.

Harry, Draco, and Hermione all walked down to the grounds together, and there, met up with Parvati. From there, everything started going downhill.

"Gather around" Hagrid, the new COMC teacher, said gruffly "Today, we got a real treat."

Hagrid gestured to the pen which was filled with winged animals "These are hippogriffs. They're half-eagle and half-horse."

"If they're half-eagle and half-horse" Harry asked, harnessing his inner Rishi "Why is there a 'hippo' in their name?"

This was ignored by Hagrid, who continued "Anyone wanna ride 'em?"

Harry raised his hand, and since he was the only one who volunteered, Hagrid called him up. Following Hagrid's instructions, Harry bowed. The hippogriff, named Buckbeak, bowed back. Harry slowly climbed onto its back, eager to keep the beast at bay. Buckbeak then took him up into the skies. It wasn't as great as a broom but it was pretty damn close.

Theodore Nott snorted after Harry came back down. When Hagrid asked for more volunteers, he raised his hand "I can do better than that half-blood." He walked over to Buckbeak, ready to go. But, instead of bowing like Harry, he decided to insult Buckbeak.

"It shouldn't be hard to tame such a disgusting creature like this" Nott sneered at Buckbeak. This attitude pissed of Buckbeak, so when Nott went to mount him, Buckbeak went off. He threw off Nott and bit him, which caused Pansy to shriek and Draco to laugh.