First Days

After the feast was over (and a few pounds were gained), Dumbledore got up and asked the prefects to lead the students to the dormitories. He did this while keeping an eye on Harry, which did not go unnoticed by Harry. Harry heard someone clear their throat and turned to look at a Ravenclaw boy wearing a badge with a P on it.

The boy gave everyone a smile "Hello! I'm Robert Hilliard. I'm currently a 7th year at Hogwarts. Next to me is Ramona Shumpert, the other 7th year prefect. Now, follow us."

With all the kids trailing behind him, Robert set off. As they walked, Harry noted the architecture he saw on the outside and guessed that they were on the west side. Robert then stopped once they reached a portrait. He then turned and addressed the kids "The other 3 houses have normal passwords as their safeguard. Ravenclaw prefers a riddle. If you get the riddle correct, you can enter. If you get it wrong, hope someone else can solve it."

He turned to the portrait which spoke "A muggle man who was outside in the rain without an umbrella or hat didn't get a single hair on his head wet. Why?"

A girl, who was referred to as Cho by others in the house, quickly responded "Someone used a spell."

The portrait shook his head as Rishi laughed. Cho glared at him "Think you can do better firstie?"

Rishi chuckled "Sure. The man was bald."

The portrait nodded and swung open as Rishi continued laughter "I guess this little firstie can do better!"

Hilliard shook his head "This is the common room. It's a workplace for everyone in the house. We also have our own library here. All the books are enchanted such that they can't leave the common room and will automatically be returned to shelves 3 weeks after it is taken out. The boy dorms are on the right. Girl dorms are on the left. Ramona will take the girls up and I will take the boys. Come on."

Harry waved goodbye to Padma and Hermione as the girls went up. After everyone else went up, Robert gestured for the first years to come. He took them up the stairs and through a door that was marked "First Years." It lead them to a hallway with 3 doors.

Robert smirked "Best part of Ravenclaw is that everyone doesn't share one room. We pair up. Each room has 2 desks and 2 beds. Nothing amazing. Though the desks do have some nice things. Anyway, bunk up and I'll see you guys tomorrow."

Robert strode off while the 5 boys looked at each other. After a moment of silence, Micheal Corner spoke "Since Rishi and Harry seem to be buddies, they can bunk together."

With a shrug from the pair, Corner turned to Anthony Goldstein and Terry Boot "Also, you two know each other as you told us at dinner so you two can pair up. And I can bunk alone. Cool?"

Goldstein and Boot nodded so the trio set off to their rooms. Rishi grabbed Harry and pulled him into their room "Okay, since we're at school now, we should limit the late-night studying."

Harry laughed "I'll see."

'Hey" Harry poked Rishi "Get up."

Rishi rolled over "What time is it?"

Harry rolled his eyes "6:00. You told me to wake you up at 6:00."

Rishi sighed "Since you woke me up, I might as well get ready. But next time I say that, shoot me."

Harry laughed as Rishi headed into the bathroom. 30 minutes later, Rishi emerged, now ready. Harry chuckled "Ready?"

After a nod from Rishi, the pair went down to their common room. Upon their arrival, they find a nearly-empty room "Where is everyone?"

Robert, one of the few people in the room, turned to them "What the hell are you guys doing here?"

Seeing Harry's eyes widen, Rishi took the lead "We usually wake up around this time since we eat breakfast at 7:00."