Wizengamot

Harry really hated Wizengamot meetings.

He always attempted to skip them. Since Jai Uncle was his proxy, he didn't actually have to attend, unless the meeting was either the June 1st session or the December 1st session.

However, today's meeting included Umbridge's trial, in which Harry would be a key witness for the prosecution. And afterwards, Harry wanted to call for a vote of no confidence, so he had to stay for the full meeting.

Putting on his formal robes, Harry was wished luck by Rishi before marching over to Flitwick's office. Flitwick would accompany him to Jai Uncle and Sirius, who would then take him inside. Greeting the charms teacher, Harry and Flitwick stepped into the Floo and emerged outside the Wizengamot building. Standing there was Sirius and Jai Uncle.

The two adult Lords exchanged handshakes with their old teacher before the part-goblin returned to Hogwarts.

"Are you ready for this?" Mr Gopal asked, worried for his surrogate son.

"Of course" Harry chuckled "Fudge messed up and knew I could do this. It needs to happen."

"Good" Sirius nodded "I will second the call after a brief period of time. The Dark Faction bribes Fudge heavily so they will resist the most. The Light Faction will mostly be for it. Our faction will be the wild card though."

Wizengamot didn't have any official factions however everyone knew they existed. They were the Light, Dark and Neutral Factions. The Light was (unofficially) headed by Dumbledore, the Chief Warlock. In it, were families like the Weasleys, Diggorys, Longbottoms and Bones, though not all of them listened to Dumbledore.

The Dark Faction was basically all former Death Eaters or Pureblood supremacists. They were headed by Alexander Nott, father of Theodore Nott, and Lucius Malfoy. They included the Parkinsons, Lestranges, Flints, and Carrows.

And finally, there was the Neutral Faction. It was filled with people who fit into 3 categories. Pureblood supremacists who weren't as hardcore as the Dark Faction, Light families who were willing to use Dark tactics and people who didn't care about pureblood supremacy. The families in it included the Greengrasses, Potters, Blacks and Gopals.

Harry and Sirius weren't originally in the Neutral Faction but had switched over in their first Wizengamot meeting. That had pissed off plenty off people, Dumbledore included, but they had done it anyway. Harry had researched his family's past and discovered that his family was historically neutral. But, in the first Wizengamot meeting after his parents' death, they were switched to the Light Faction.

The three Lords headed inside and took their seats in the room. After making small talk with their neighbors, they heard Dumbledore bang the gavel, signaling the meeting's start.

"Welcome to Wizengamot" Dumbledore said after applying a Sonorus to his voice "We have one change in Lordship. Lord Eustace Fawley has passed. Let us observe a moment of silence in remembrance for him."

The Wizengamot chamber was then filled with silence as people thought of the Late Lord Fawley. Harry himself never met him personally but had seen him on occasion. He had looked to be a decent man.

"To replace his father, Scion Sullivan Fawley will become Lord Fawley. Congratulations" Harry watched as a male in his early 30s walked up to the Fawley seat on the Light side. After shaking on hands, the man sat down.

"Wizengamot will now host the trial of Dolores Umbridge, former Senior Undersecretary to the Minister. Please bring the defendant in" Dumbledore said.

Harry saw Amelia Bones, the prosecution for this case on the behalf of the Ministry, sit at a table. He also saw Umbridge be brought in by 2 aurors . Her head was scanning the room when she saw him. She glared at him furiously. Harry simply smiled at her, something which angered her even more. Her lawyer, a man who he didn't know, then entered the room and sat at the table next to Amelia's.