Umbridge Meets Her Match

"You can't get out of it" Jeremy stated "Seriously?"

"I didn't bother trying" Harry sighed "She hates me."

"She really does. He barely talked and got a week of detention" Rishi added.

Jeremy looked like he was a moment away from a nervous breakdown "Okay, okay. I can postpone for a later date. Just please, PLEASE, don't get any more detentions."

"Don't worry. I'll get out of it" Harry told him.

"Okay man" Harry and Rishi each gave Jeremy a bro-hug before the 7th year ran off. Harry and Rishi watched him run to Ravenclaw Tower, worried about their friend.

Since he was oldest remaining student, Jeremy was promoted to captain. Ravenclaw simply needed 2 new chasers to replace Roger and Randoplh. But, the responsibility of being captain wasn't for Jeremy. The beater was a great strategist but was terrible at organization and managing. Keeping track of pitch times, and statistics was a nightmare for him and it was showing.

"We REALLY gotta help him" Rishi noted as they walked to the library.

"For sure" Harry agreed "I think Vanessa is helping him out."

Rishi chuckled "You think that..."

"I think that Parvati is rubbing off on you" Harry cut his friend off, laughing.

Rishi joined in as well. Once they calm down enough to speak, Harry agreed with his friend "Yeah. I think that she does like him. She asked him to the Yule Ball, remember."

"Jeremy said that it was just as friends" Rishi pointed out before a grin appeared on his face "But, Vanessa never said anything like that."

"Oh god" Rishi said "She is rubbing off on me."

After dinner, Harry marched over to Umbridge's office. Unlike a normal student, he was quite eager for this detention. He almost skipped to the office before composing himself. He wouldn't want to give himself away.

Harry knocked on the door and upon hearing Umbridge tell him to enter, came inside. Umbridge was standing next a wooden next which had parchment along with a quill. The blood quill.

"Welcome Mr Potter" Umbridge gave him a cruel smile "You will be writing lines today. Please, sit."

Harry sat down in the chair as Umbridge continued "I thought it would be fitting for you to write 'I must not tell lies.' You will write until I feel like you have learned you lesson."

Harry made a show of looking around the desk and at the quill "Is this self-inking? I see no ink."

"You won't need ink" Umbridge told him.

Harry took more time looking at the quill as if he really did think it was self-inking. In reality, he was charming the quill in order to help himself in his plan. Harry did notice that Umbridge was getting suspicious so he asked "This is self-inking? How does it work?"

"We can get into that later" Umbridge said a little too quickly "Please get started."

Nodding timidly, Harry began writing. He also took the liberty of casting a special glamour charm on the parchment. This one would show him slowly righting "I must not tell lies."

As he finished his first line, Umbridge felt a searing pain on her back. She dismissed it as back pains and focused on Harry. The boy was probably trying to hide the pain he was feeling.

But, she felt that pain again, this time on her arm. Ignoring it, she watched a calm Harry write more and more lines. And she continued to feel more and more pain, all over her body. After a while, she couldn't ignore it.