Flying Class and Halloween

If it was possible, Harry grinned and groaned at the same time. A notice went up about the first-year flying class. Harry found flying fun whenever he tried. However, the lessons weren't going to be so.

In order to promote school unity, Dumbledore decided to mix it all 4 houses for flying. What made it worse, was who he was stuck with.

Saturday 10:00 - 12:00: Draco Malfoy, Gregory Goyle, Vincent Crabbe Daphne Greengrass, Pansy Parkinson, Ron Weasley, Dean Thomas, Seamus Finnigan, Parvati Patil, Neville Longbottom, Harry Potter, Rishi Gopal, Terry Boot, Padma Patil, Ernie Macmillan, Susan Bones, Hannah Abott

Harry knew putting Ron in a class of Slytherins was bound to be bad. From what Draco told him, if a Slytherin did well, it was a sign that they were using Dark Magic. Ron was like a boomerang. You always throw it away. But somehow, it always comes back.

So when the day came, Harry was ready for the worst. The moment Harry stepped onto the pitch, Ron was talking to him "Hiya Harry! Wanna hang out with me and my friends. We're all great fliers!"

Harry shook his head and looked at Seamus Finnigan "You lived in the Muggle World, right?"

Seamus glared at him "Yes. Is that a problem?"

Harry shook his head "Did you ever use a broom?"

Seamus looked confused "Of course not."

Harry smirked "Then why does Ron tell me that him and all his friends are great fliers?"

Dean sighed "Sorry about him. He's a complete prat. He ain't even our friend."

Smiling, Harry extended his hand "Don't worry about it? Friends?"

Dean shook it "I'd like that."

Harry then left the Gryffindors to join Draco, Daphne, Parvati, Padma and Rishi on the other side of the pitch despite Ron's requests for Harry to be with him.

Madam Hooch, the flying instructor, looked at them all "Welcome to your first flying lesson. Well, what are you waiting for? Everyone step up to the left side of their broomstick. Come on now, hurry up. Stick your right hand over the broom and say, Up!"

Despite his alleged skill at flying, Ron's broom whacked him right in the nose. Padma's broom stayed still as did Daphne's while Rishi and Draco's brooms simply rolled over. Parvati's broom began to move up but went back down. Only Harry managed to get his broom into his hand on the first try.

Madam Hooch then began showing them how to properly hold the broom and how to mount it. After they mounted, she taught them how to raise and move around. That ended when Seamus proved that he was telling the truth about his inexperience on a broom. He went up too high and fell down, breaking both wrists.

Madam Hooch ordered everyone back down "If anyone goes back into the air, they're expelled!" She then began taking Seamus to Madam Pomfrey. Harry then heard laughter and turned to see Ron with a crazy grin.

"Finnigan dropped this" he picked up a bead necklace "He's such a loser, right Harry?"

Harry glared at Ron "Leave his necklace alone."

Draco sneered "I agree. Drop it if you know what's best for you."

Laughing, Ron flew up on his broom "No way, Death Eater! I'm going to put it somewhere Finnigan can't get it!"

For a moment, it looked like Ron was the great flier that he said he was. Until he crashed into a tree. He let go of the necklace which got caught by the wind. Without a hesitation, Harry zoomed up and managed to grab the necklace. He then looked down and saw all the beads had fallen off. Noticing some glass ones, he dove down in an attempt to catch them. He extended his hand out and grabbed the beads before they hit the ground. He curved up the broom too to avoid an collision.