School Shopping

Note: Harry met Rishi when he was 7.

Dumbledore leaned back in this chair, worry filled in his eyes. It had been 4 years since all his Potter Trackers blew up. He only knew two things for sure: Potter wasn't living with the Dursleys and he had found out about magic.

Albus reread the Gringotts letter for what seemed to be the thousandth time, and swore under his breath yet again. His original plan of talking to the goblins failed. They informed him that he no longer was Harry's magical guardian and that he was expected to repay Harry the full amount with interest. Worse, his Gringotts informant had been compromised.

Albus sighed as McGonagall arrived. They had their annual meeting to discuss the letters and see if any house visits were required.

As McGonagall chattered on, Dumbledore took a peak at the list. And much to his relief, Harry Potter accepted the invitation to attend Hogwarts. Then, he would have the Weasleys lure the boy back to his control.

Harry flopped onto his bed, exhausted. 4 years ago, he was being neglected by the Dursleys. Now, he was living with a family who actually cared about him. He grinned, thinking of that moment.

FLASHBACK

Mr. Gopal turned to Harry "You don't have to come if you don't want to."

Harry nodded "I know. I want to be here."

Mr. Gopal nodded and turned to Rishi "Don't attack them."

Mock surprise filled Rishi's face "I would never!"

Nodding, Mr. Gopal turned away while Rishi continued "That would get me in trouble. I'd instead devise a trap."

Glaring at Rishi, Mr. Gopal knocked on the door. They patiently waited through Uncle Vernon's yelling, Aunt Petunia's screaming and Dudley's crying until Vernon opened the door "What do ya want?"

Harry, who until then was behind Mr. Gopal, revealed himself "Hi."

Uncle Vernon glared "Freak. Get back here and make Dudley breakfast."

Anger rising, Mr. Gopal looked Vernon in the eye "He will not. Not unless you want reports of child abuse to leak out."

Petunia chose that moment to appear "What child abuse?"

Rishi grinned "We have proof of this family abusing one Harry James Potter."

Uncle Vernon's veins began bulging "You little FREAK! You'll pay for..." He then opened and closed his mouth, unable to speak.

Mr. Gopal smiled "Now that he shut up, let's talk business. We want you guys to sign over custody of Harry."

Preparing a rebuttal, Petunia began to speak but was interrupted by Mr. Gopal saying "If you don't, we'll tell OUR police about Harry's abuse. Don't forget, they can view his memories and make you tell the truth."

Both Petunia and Vernon's eyes widened and they looked at each other. Finally, Petunia said "Where do I sign?"

FLASHBACK OVER

"Happy birthday dude" Rishi barged into his room grinning.

Harry groaned "Please tell me that Deepa Auntie* changed her mind."

Rishi shrugged "I tried. Even Nanna couldn't change her mind. On the bright side, Sirius is gonna join us along with the Longbottoms and Patils. They're all dying to see you."

Harry laughed "I know one of them is dying to see you."

Rishi looked at him quizzically "What?"