Weasley Punishment

While students were gossiping about the recent Azkaban breakout, Ron, Ginny, Fred, and George were being collected from school by their father, who had fully recovered from the snake attack. After waiting for a few minutes, Bill and Charlie. And finally, Percy arrived.

Percy was honestly confused which worried him since he prided himself on being the voice of reason in Gryffindor. He had left the family following the Triwizard Tournament when Fudge told him that Harry Potter and Albus Dumbledore forced him to say that Voldemort returned. Once Fudge lost his job as Minister and his mistakes were revealed, Percy had returned to his family but things had remained frosty. He wasn't sure why they would invite him to this when he completely back to being part of the family yet.

Bill and Charlie were confused but in a different way than Percy. Their father understood the duties that came with being Lord Weasley but never took it as seriously as others. Now, he was calling an official Weasley family meeting so everyone had to attend it. Usually, he'd informally ask everyone to come. Here, however, he was making sure everyone would be in attendance since you could risk being kicked out of the family by not coming. They wanted to know why their dad was so serious.

The Twins had a feeling of what was going on. They had gotten good at reading faces with each other and now, they could read the face of an average guy. And when Harry had left their dad's room, he had a certain look in his eyes. A look that told them that their dad was determined to do something. And now, they had a feeling that this had to do with that look.

Molly, Ginny, and Ron just didn't care about the meeting. Molly had told them individually that it was some talk about alliances but in reality, Molly didn't know what it was about. And she honestly didn't care.

"I'm glad that you're here," Arthur said.

"Can we hurry up" Ron moaned "I'm missing breakfast."

"I'm so sorry baby" Molly fretted "We can send you right back. Arthur..."

Arthur held up his hand, stopping any attempts to browbeat him into doing something "No one will be leaving. I have learned some very distressing news about our house and I need to get to the bottom of it. First, I want you all to swear a family oath to say the truth."

A family oath was a lesser version of the Lord's oath. Anyone could swear a family oath, unlike the Lord's oath which only Lord and Ladies could use. And the punishments weren't as simple though, as the current Lord of the house decided the punishment for breaking the oath.

"Is that really necessary" Molly tried to be nice though she was annoyed "We would never lie."

"I need to make sure" Arthur insisted "Either swear or get out and never come back."

That shocked everyone into swearing. No one ever expected Arthur to say anything like that and even Molly was too shocked to protest. Everyone knew he was deadly serious.

"Good" Arthur gave a small smile "Now then, let's get on to business. Do you know of theft of Harry Potter trust's vault?"

"What?!" Bill said.

"I have been informed that money from Harry Potter's trust vault has entered some of our vaults. What do you all know about this?" Arthur asked.

"I know nothing of this" Bill stood up angrily "Now, who here is involved with this?"

"I also know nothing" Charlie's eyes flipped around the room.

"We would never do that to Harry," the twins said in unison. They sounded angry which shocked Arthur. He never saw the twins get angry before. Only annoyed.

Percy looked and saw that his mom wasn't saying anything as was his sister or youngest brother. Suddenly, something broke inside him and he spoke "I know of this."