The Hogwarts Express and Sorting

Harry pushed his cart forward despite Mr. Gopal's insistence that he could do it. He looked at Rishi "So, we just run though the barrier?"

Rishi nodded "Yes. As simple as that."

They looked at the barrier and saw a gang of redheads crowding it. Harry groaned "It's the Weasleys. I'd rather not go through 'Hey, you're Harry Potter! I'm your best mate!'"

They then heard the Mother Weasley basically scream "What's the station number?"

Harry and Rishi cupped their ears as the Weasel (as Harry and Rishi called Ron) replied "9 and 3/4 mum!"

Harry rolled their eyes "Do they really think I'm that stupid?"

Rishi shrugged "They think you're muggle-raised so maybe. There are other ways to get on the platform, you know."

Harry looked at him quizzically as Rishi brought him to Mr. Gopal "Can we apparate there?"

Mr. Gopal nodded. He grabbed Harry's left hand as Rishi grabbed Harry's right one. Mrs. Gopal hung on to Rishi's free hand as the group apparated away. Harry fell to his knees and they landed before the train. His eyes widened at the scarlet beauty before him "Woah."

Rishi smirked "Told you it was cool. Nanna showed me pictures."

Mrs. Gopal looked at both boys "I'm going to miss you two."

She turned to Rishi "Keep Harry safe." Turning to Harry, she said "Keep Rishi out of trouble."

Rishi groaned "Amma! Don't worry! I have other plans at Hogwarts."

Mrs. Gopal laughed "Okay. Harry, make sure he doesn't fall asleep reading."

Shrugging, Rishi conceded the point.

Mr. Gopal smiled "We'll see you kid for Christmas. Bye!"

They waved as the kids ran off for the train. As they got on, Harry asked "Do you guys even celebrate Christmas?"

Rishi shook his head "We didn't until you came. Then we decided it wouldn't be fair to make you celebrate all our Hindu holidays without celebrating your holidays."

Harry nodded as they looked throughout the compartments for an empty. Finding one, they levitated their trunks onto the racks as they waited for their friends. They didn't wait long. Neville, Parvati and Padma quickly joined them. Soon, the compartment was filled with discussions of class materials and Quidditch. They were waiting for the train to start when a knock was heard. Curious, Harry turned the door and found a girl standing outside. She had sleek blond hair which went down to the small of her back.

Harry turned the rest of the group and upon seeing no sign of recognition, asked the burning question "Who are you?"

The girl nodded "Daphne Greengrass. I was hoping to sit with you in order to avoid the idiot Nott."

Neville shrugged "Sure."

She sat down and within minutes, was a part of their discussion. They were discussing classes when the girl from Flourish and Blotts appeared "May I join? I'm Hermione Granger. And Harry said I could sit here."

Harry nodded "I did."

She animatedly joined the discussion before the Weasel barged in "Is Harry Potter here?"

Harry looked up from his book "Indeed I am." He then went back to his book.

Ron grinned "Wicked! Can I see the scar?"

Harry looked up once again "No." He again returned to reading.

Ron groaned "Why are you reading? Books are for losers!"