The Fourth Champion

"What the fuck is this" Harry shouted angrily "Why the hell am I in this?"

"Language Mr Potter" McGonnagall admonished "Now go to the back room."

"I have to try not to die in a very dangerous competition because you all couldn't properly protect the Goblet" Harry yelled "I think I have the right to swear right now!"

"Go Mr Potter" Dumbledore said tiredly. He didn't expect Harry to put up this much of a fuss about the tournament. Then again, Harry never did as Dumbledore expected.

"Fine" Harry growled as he stomped to the side room which turned out to be the trophy room. Cedric looked up when he entered "Harry? Do they need us back there or..."

"Apparently" Harry snarled "Someone put my name in the goblet so I have to compete."

Fleur snorted "Why wouldn't you want to compete?"

"Because I could die" Harry rolled his eyes "No offense but I'd like to live."

A swarm of teachers and Ministry officials then barged into the room and began talking hurriedly. Finally, Dumbledore asked the burning question "Did you put your name in the cup, Mr Potter?"

"Of course not" Harry exclaimed.

"Zis boy is lying" Madam Maxine responded "Zis tournament is rigged. And by 'Ogwarts no less!"

"I have never known Harry to lie" Snape glared at Maxine.

"Of course" Moody began "Someone could be trying to do Mr Potter in. Placing his name in the Goblet would be the perfect tactic. It would make it easier to get away with it."

Karkaroff snorted "Why would you assume that it's a death plot."

Moody looked at Karkaroff, obviously irritated "That's my job. Besides, he's only a fourth year. He wouldn't have the strength to make the Goblet believe that there is a fourth school."

"I for one, love this" Bagman happily shouted "This is a story for the ages!"

No one looked happy about this and Karkaroff especially "Maybe you did it Moody. You seem to have a plan to do it."

"You should remember Karkaroff" Moody growled "I have to think like a Dark Wizard."

"May I say something" Cedric said as everyone's head turned to him "I don't Harry especially well. But, I can say that he didn't enter this. The guy never goes looking for attention. He just wants to have a normal life which he can never get."

"I agree with Diggory" Krum continued "I met Potter recently but he never struck me as the fame-loving sort. In reality, he should be complaining about this, not any of us."

"Thank you guys" Harry said "Now then, I have something to say. Can I see the slip of paper?"

Dumbledore looked confused and handed it to Harry, who smirked upon receiving it. He grinned "I don't have to compete. This isn't me."

"What do you mean" Dumbledore was getting worried. His plan had to work.

"Didn't you tell us to put our full name?" Harry asked Dumbledore "For example, Krum had to write his full name since there are many Krums out there."

Dumbledore nodded but he couldn't see where Harry was going with this. Harry continued his rant "Whoever put my name wrote Harry James Potter, which isn't my name."

"WHAT" all of the adults shouted in unison.

"My full name is Hadrian James Potter" Harry laughed "Harry is a nickname. I just prefer for people to call me it rather than Hadrian. So legally, as Hadrian James Potter, I don't have to compete. Some poor chap named Harry James Potter has to."