The Goblin Nation

"Okay" Harry was in the study of Grimmauld Place with Rishi, Sirius and Remus "How do we get this horcrux out?"

After the interrogation of Dumbledore, lots of changes occurred. Sirius was given the unofficial job of handling the Horcruxes since he knew the most about them. Knowing that Harry would be needed, Amelia gave Sirius control so Harry could be involved.

Minerva McGonnagall became the Headmistress of Hogwarts after Dumbledore's departure. She'd teach Transfiguration as well, until a new teacher could be found. Meanwhile, the Board of Governors were working to fix up the school

The first was bringing back a bunch of classes which Dumbledore removed like Wizarding Studies, which students could take to learn about the Wizarding World, and Spell Creation, which detailed who to alter spells for your own needs. Dumbledore had scrapped those classes for "driving students to the Dark." Without him, the Board planned to bring him back.

The second was figuring out the remaining positions. McGonnagall was Headmistress so they needed a new Transfiguration teacher and Head of Gryffindor. The Deputy Headmaster also had to be chosen now. The Board of Governors hadn't like McGonnagall being the Head of Gryffindor, Transfiguration teacher and Deputy Headmistress all at once, so they weren't going to let that happen again.

Instead, they went outside the house to hire a Deputy. Remus would become the Head of Gryffindor as one of the few Gryffindor teachers. Amanda was also considered for the job but since they wanted someone who had been a Gryffindor before, she didn't get the position.

For the Transfiguration spot, Fleur was interviewed. She had recently acquired her Transfiguration Mastery and her skill in the Triwizard Tournament was still fresh in everyone's heads. All that led to her being asked to take the spot. Fleur wanted to teacher Beauxbatons, her alma mater, but she decided that she'd rather stay in Britain with Cedric so she took the job.

Now, Harry, Rishi, Sirius and Remus were tackling the issue of Harry's horcrux.

"Well, there are some perks" Rishi pointed out "Whenever you were near Voldemort, you felt pain in your scar. That could be the effect of having a piece of his soul lodged in you. Maybe when two pieces of the same soul are near, they react."

"So, if we extracted it, we could turn it into a compass of sorts to find the others" Remus grinned "Good thinking."

"We just need to extract it" Sirius groaned "How the fuck do we do that?"

"We could use surgery?" Harry asked.

"Let's speak with experts" Remus advised "See what they have to say."

Sirius looked once again at a book at horcruxes "There aren't many experts per say. The book does say that the goblins were very knowledgeable in this area. We could check in with them. See if they have any advice for us."

"If not" Harry shrugged "I could make a will."

"Welcome to Gringotts" a goblin teller said "How may we assist you?"

"We were wondering if we could speak with a goblin expert on horcruxes" Harry answered politely.

"Who makes this request?" the teller asked.

"Lord Potter, Lord Black, Mr Lupin and Heir Gopal" Sirius told the goblin.

The goblin nodded and appeared to look something up. He then looked back the humans and said "Lord Potter may proceed. The rest of you can stay here until called upon. Lord Potter?"

Sirius looked ready to protest but Lupin whispered "He'll be fine Sirius. Trust him."

They let the goblins take Harry away. He was dragged through numerous hallways until being told to sit outside a room. He sat there for a few minutes until he was asked to come inside.