The Lupin Cure

Harry knew that curing lycanthropy would be hard. He didn't think it would be this hard.

He had gone through dozens of experiments and all had failed. He was beginning to get annoyed with every failure. He had started in June and he had made no progress by August.

When Harry had confided his struggles in Rishi, his friend simply told him that if it was easy, someone would've found it already.

Harry was looking into potential ingredients when Rishi burst into the family potions room "I have a weird idea."

Harry's face shot up and stared into Rishi "Doesn't that apply to all your ideas?"

"Well yeah" Rishi conceded "But, it could help."

This evoked Harry's curiosity "In that case, do tell."

"A normal human can't turn into a werewolf while one while one who is bitten can" Rishi explained eagerly. When that solicited no reaction, he added "That means they're different in some fundamental way."

"What's your point?" Harry asked, exasperated. He had no patience for Rishi repeating common information.

"That means a werewolf bite causes some change in the DNA. If you can find a way to indentify that specific part, you can fix it, thus curing the subject of lycanthropy" Rishi told him "What do you think?"

Harry grinned "That could work."

He then began focusing his research on items which could potentially heal a strand of DNA which had been altered by a werewolf bite. He eventually decided that not all of the ingredients from the Wolfsbane potion would be used. He eventually compiled a list ingredient.

1) Kanchan Leaves

2) Aconite

3) Giant moonwort

4) Bloodroot

5) Eye of Newt

Once all the ingredients were acquired, he began the preparation of his hopeful cure. His research determined that part of it would have to be similar to the preparation of the Wolfsbane potion. Other than that, he did what he always did and simply put ingredients when he felt that it would work. He would also mark when he did so in order to create usable instructions.

After 2 weeks of preparation, the potion was ready. Harry had simulated its effects and it appeared. He just needed his first human test subject.

Lupin was reading a book when Harry approached him "Lupin, do you know someone who is willing to be tested upon?"

Lupin nodded "I do." He then pulled his shirt sleeve, leaving the top of his arm bare.

Harry's eyes widened "What are you doing?"

"You can test it on me" Lupin told him.

"But, it could fail" Harry said worriedly "You could die!"

"I believe in you pup" Lupin smiled "You can test it on me."

"B-but..." Harry stammered.

"Harry, my life isn't any more valuable than the next wolf out there" Harry finally got the idea that Lupin was determined.

"Okay. Let's get you on a bed. Let's also get Deepa Auntie here" Harry called for her and brought Remus to a bed.

Mrs Gopal came in "What's going on?"

"I think I made my cure" Harry told her "Remus offered to be my test."

Mrs Gopal nodded "What happens after you give it to him?"