chapter 1

"you cheated" draco glares at me from across the table

"did not" i laugh, picking up the chess pieces, "you're just a sore loser"

"no, i think you cheated" draco says firmly, leaning back against the couch and crossing his arms behind his head. i raise my eyebrows as i finish resetting the board, "i don't want to play again"

"sore loser!" i sing, standing up at starting to walk away, but draco catches my hand. he tugs slightly on my arm so that i look down at him. he smiles, tugging again, causing me to fall down to the ground, landing on his lap. i let out a soft laugh as i come down, catching myself with hand on his chest.

"hey" i say softly, feeling his arm wrap around my waist.

"hi" he whispers back, tightening his grip to pull my closer to him. i get the hint, bringing my hand to his cheek and tilting his face towards mine. every kiss this past week has felt just as incredible as our first one, just over a year ago at yule ball. i couldn't be happier, curled up with him on the floor of my living room, no one to bother us-

crack!

i hear the snap of the fire from the next room over.

"my mums home" i say quietly against draco's lips, starting to move away. he groans, not letting up his grip around me, "c'mon, draco" i laugh, reaching down and pulling his arm off of me, "imagine the look on her face if she walked in" i tilt my head, sliding off of his lap and onto the floor next to him. he rolls his eyes, but quietly nods his head, knowing i'm right

"this is the most privacy we've had in months" he whines, "it's going to be awful once we go back-"

"we'll find time" i smile, looking over at him. he smirks a little, turning his face away as we hear the door open.

"hi, mum!" i say, moving slightly further away from draco

"hi, mrs. y/l/n" draco says, looking back over his shoulder at my mum entering the room

"please, sweetheart, i said you could call me evelyn" my mum says, putting down her bags. she's just come back from a trip to hogsmeade, picking up new clothes for a friend's wedding she's going to next month. she's been dropping her last name lately, being very adamant that she does not want to be associated with my father, but draco insists that he won't call her evelyn out of 'respect'.

"if you respect her, you'll call her what she wants" i said to him, when he first told me how odd it was that she wanted him to refer to her by her first name

"my father would kill me if he heard-"

"well your father's not here, is he?" i raised my eyebrow, and draco smiled.

the conversation didn't get much farther. it was his first night here, and we were excited to have some alone time without our friends constantly nagging us. despite hogwarts being a seemingly endless castle, it's exceedingly hard to get a room to yourselves.

"-i was thinking that would be good for dinner tonight! since it's your last night before i send you back to school, i thought we should do something special!" i tune back in to my mother talking, not having had heard what she was so excited about serving us. i smile and nod though, and draco thanks her for thinking of it as she picks back up her bags, waltzing out of the room.

"lucky you've got a mum like that, seeing as your father's such a piece of shit" draco says nonchalantly, looking back at our chess board

"no different than your father" i reply back, looking down at my hands

"didn't say it was" draco sighs, reaching back and using the couch to help himself to stand up.

__________________________

"okay and you both have everything packed?"

"yes mum" i groan, rolling my eyes slightly. i bounce up and down, looking up at the clock. she always leave it to the last second before letting me on the train.

"i'm all set" draco responds

"okay, great" my mum smiles, "oh, your father would be furious if i had let you forget one of your school books-"

"i don't think he would notice" draco interrupts, and a cold silence falls over my mother. i think she finds it hard to imagine a parent not falling over their child's every need, like she always has for me.

"i'm sure he would, sweetheart" my mum smiles softly, looking back at the clock, "well, would you look at the time!" she says, frantically turning back to us, "you two better be getting on the train"

"thanks, mum" i smile, leaning forward and giving her a tight hug. i'm about to turn away and take draco's hand, and hop onto the train, when my mum stops us.

"don't think you're getting away that easy" my mum laughs, holding her arms out. i look at her in confusion, but then see that she's looking at draco, who looks even more lost than i do. but then it dawns on him, and he smiles slightly. he walks forward awkwardly toward my mum, letting her hug him (although he barely hugs back), before she lets go and pats his shoulder, "thank you for staying with us, draco. you were a lovely guest"

"thank you for having me, mrs-" he stops himself, clearing his throat, "evelyn"

i smile, watching as draco turns back to me, taking my hand and stepping onto the train with me. we both wave goodbye to my mum on the platform as the train pulls away, waiting until we can hardly see her in the distance before ducking inside to make our way back to our cabin.

__________________________

"he hugged your mum?" daphne sits on her bed, completely awestruck by my story

"mhm" i nod, trying not to laugh

"he doesn't hug anyone" daphne exclaims, a smile of disbelief coming onto her face

"i know" i finally let out a small laugh, laying back onto my bed and covering my face, pushing my hair back, "ugh, daphne, it was perfect" i turn my head sideways to look at her, my smile slowly growing bigger and bigger, "and i haven't even told you the best part"

"you mean him getting along with your mum wasn't the best part?"

i shake my head, turning onto my side to face her better. i keep her eye contact, making sure she's really paying attention to me, "he told me he loved me"

daphne's jaw drops as she lets out a small gasp, her hand immediately flying up to cover her mouth, "you're kidding" she says, her voice muffled by her hand. i shake my head and her eyes widen, "how did you not lead with that!" she practically shouts, moving her hand to grab a pillow and throw it at me

"sh! sh!" i laugh, catching the pillow and tossing it back at her, "you're going to wake the others"

"sorry" daphne mumbles, a wide smile still on her face, "i got excited" she takes a few deep breaths, claiming herself before continuing, "okay... okay... tell me everything"

__________________________

hello everyone welcome to the sequel

posting as often as i can :)

hope everyone's doing good and hope you enjoyed

vote/comment/share

and THANK YOU for all of the support on the first book <3