1 2 - T a s k O n e

It had been a few weeks since Draco asked you to the Yule Ball. Things were going good and he seemed to be opening up to you a little bit more, you were really excited to be going to the ball with him. Hermione, Aurora and Cedric were ecstatic and all of you went to Hogsmeade one Saturday to get your dresses and Cedric a suit.

Things were really looking up and you were excited for the ball. But there was one thing that lingered in the back of your mind. Would you even make it to the Yule Ball? The first task was coming up and you had no idea what it was.

--------------
It was the night before the first task in the tri-wizard tournament and you were laying on Draco's chest. You could feel yourself getting really anxious, so you gripped Draco's chest tighter and let some tears fall from your eyes. You didn't want to wake him up so you tried to cry quietly.

DRACO MALFOY
We were laying in my dorm, her in my arms. Until I felt a cold patch forming on my chest, it was her tears. I knew exactly why she would be crying. To be totally honest I was probably more anxious about her being on this tournament than her.

"Y/n.." I put my hand on her head and pulled her closer to me.

"I'm scared.." She started shaking. I hugged her tighter. As much as I wanted to help her and tell her everything would be fine, she probably wouldn't believe me.

She cried and cried until she fell asleep.

------------------
It was the day of the first task. You and your friends sat at the lunch tables. Everyone was talking and smiling. Not you though. You were completely convinced that this was going to be your last meal.

Everybody began getting up, presumably heading to the place the tournament was being held. You felt yourself breathing heavier.

Hermione started, "Hey, y/n.. you know we love you right?"

"Hermione," Draco looked at her wide eyed,
"That's not going to make her feel better. You make it sound like she's going to die. She'll be fine."

"Have you guys seen Y/N in a duel before, or her do dark magic, it's fucking sick," Aurora laughed shoving food into her mouth. "I'm not worried at all, you were honestly one of the most powerful witches at Beaxbatons. You're gonna breeeeeeze through these tasks don't even worry," She got up and patted you on the back, really aggressively.

"Y/N don't forget, you're allowed to use you're wand, don't be afraid to-" Hermione was interrupted.

Professor McGonagall, lightly tapped you on the shoulder. Startled, you turned around quickly.

Sensing the anxiety she put a hand on your shoulder,
"My dear.. all champions were required to meet in the champions tent, an hour ago, you are late.."

You run to the tent as fast as you could. Once you reached the tent, you were only wearing your robes. You saw Cedric and Fleur peeking out the curtains, they had small bags in there hands. You walked over to Cedric when a hand was placed on your shoulder. You spun around.

"Ahem," It was Barty Crouch Snr, "Go and put these on." He looked pretty pissed that you hadn't arrived on time, he shoved some new robes into your hands. On top of them was a small bag.
"Go get ready."

There was a tapestry hanging up and you went behind it to change. A long robe. Cape looking thing. Gloves? What the fuck are we doing? Gardening? You giggled to yourself.

"Stupid girl," Barty crouch Snr grabbed onto your wrist and pushed you over to the curtain. You turned around as if to say, the fuck bro?

"GO. You're up."
Fucking what? What is this dumb ass bag? You put your hand in the bag, and pulled what looked to be a miniature dragon. You giggled again. Adorable.
"Go you stupid girl," He pushed you out of the curtain.