2 7 - V o w s

An owl flew in through the open balcony door, and dropped a letter at the end of your bed.

Y/n,
The Dark Lord requests you meet him in the dining room in ten minutes, as you will be he his date for the wedding,
Sincerely Bella xo

You rolled your eyes. Of course you didn't have a choice on whether or not you go. In a strange way, Draco was the only person you did and didn't want to see. You tore the note and headed out of your room.

You strutted down the stairs, trying to hype your confidence up before any bit of self esteem you had got completely crushed at the sight of Draco with someone else. As you reached the bottom of the stairs, a familiar silhouette caught your attention. He turned around.

"Blaise?!"
"Y/n.." He couldn't even look at you, he had a dark burgundy suit on. "Been a while.. you know, since you ran off with The Dark Lord and everything.."

"What?! Ran off?! Ran off with The Dark Lord?! You seriously think I wanted this?!"

"Yeah. In the letter you sent to everyone, it sure seemed like this is what you wanted,"

"What letter? I never sent a-" He shoved an envelope into your chest and walked away. You unfolded it.

***
Dear friends,
I have fallen deeply in love with The Dark Lord & have decided to spend all eternity with him.
Don't come looking for me.
- Y/n
***

What an absolute load of crap, how could anybody fall for this?!

You crunched it up and threw it at the floor. "Fucking bullshit.." You breathed.

You stomped down the hallway towards the dining room. You opened the door and stepped in.

Voldemort was wearing a suit.

"Hello

"Hello.. my love," He forced the words out, offering you his hand. "You're late."

You held back the urge to projectile vomit all over him. You were still quite nervous around him, and you weren't quite sure what he was capable of.

"Um, hi, sorry," You put your hand in his. He started leading you towards the large black door, that led out towards the backyard, where the ceremony was being held.

The house elves opened the doors and gestured for you to both walk out. The crowds of people went dead silent. You didn't blame them, it wasn't like they were watching a 75 year old reptilian dark wizard, holding hands with a teenage girl or anything.

Everyone moved out of your way and took their seats facing a flower archway. Voldemort led you right up to the very front. You passed your parents on the way down. He led you up to Lucius, Narcissa and Bellatrix, you sat beside Bella and hung your head down, trying to avoid looking at Draco, who was standing to the left of the isle, at the front. Waiting for his Bride. You didn't even want to look up at Draco.

When Astoria walked down the isle, you must admit, she looked beautiful, even though you wanted to hate her. How did Draco know her though? Did he know her this whole time? You were so confused.

A house elf named 'Ricky' was to marry them. He stood on a pile of books as he asked them for their vowels. You hung your head, down, and tried to block out everything you were hearing. After she had finished her vowels, it was Draco's turn.

The Dark Lord grabbed your cheek and forced you to look at them, "LISTEN." He smiled.

Draco started his vowels, "Um.." He started, "I Uh.. you um.." He was looking at Astoria, but his eyes began to trail off.. behind her, at a wall?

"You know what I think is funny? How someone can go from being the biggest pain in your ass one day, to the love of your life the next.." He let a small grin out at the ground, "A best friend is someone who has your back, even when you're not around.." He looked at you, "Or when you are around.. you're just too drunk to realise what you're doing or saying.." Your eyes began to water.

Was he talking about you?

"A person who forgives you. and risks everything they have for you.. someone who.. remembers the little things about you.." He looked away, "For you.. I'd risk everything I have.. and wait a thousand lifetimes if it meant I got to spend even one more day.. with my best friend.." He looked back at you, small tears pooling in his eyes.

~~~

"TEN POINTS FROM HUFFLEPUFF!" Snapes voice bellowed through the potions class room, making the bottles rattle.
"PROFESSOR! HE'S IN MY SEAT!" you argued, pointing at the stupid blonde idiot who decided to steal your spot "We have assigned seats. So why is it that this little Slytherin twat can sit where he wants!?"

~~~

Fucking hell Draco.. how did this happen?