7 2 - K e y s

Y/ns Pov

I pulled my hand out of the bag, and in my palm was a tiny black stone.

"The resurrection stone?!" Draco questioned, looking intently at the stone. "No way. Cant you bring back anyone with that?"

I shook my head. "No, Dumbedore told me that it only temporarily brings their souls back. They can only talk for a little bit, before they have to go,"

"So? We can only talk to them for a little bit, before they go. And then after that, we can't talk to them again?"

I nodded yes.

"We can just talk to Dumbedore, and ask him where to go? What do."

"No. He used that time with somebody else.. to make the riddle and give it to us. We won't be able to contact him.."

"Fuck." Draco shook his head. "Well, I guess we should just keep it until we need it. What does the rest of the riddle say?"

"Make your way, to a classroom that's used to brew, And within will be something that helps you," I read, "Snapes class?"

When we got to the potions classroom, the air was crisp and cold. Completely silent.

Draco grabbed the parchment from me, "Seven tiles to the left.. twelve forward.." He stood on a tile, and it seemed wonky and misplaced. He leaned down and removed a brown chest from below the tile. "I mean, okay, easy enough. Alohamora," It didn't open.

"Oh fucks sake," I sighed, "This is ridiculous. I feel like a child on a fucking scavenger hunt. I feel like such an idiot,"

"Hey," Draco walked over and wrapped his arms over my shoulders, "It's okay. We are more than half way through the parchment.. surely we will be done soon,"

"Right.."

"Then go to a battlefield - fires are plenty,
Around the neck of a beast, remove it gently," He rolled his eyes, "Ok.. uh.. I have no idea what that means."

"Battlefield. The only thing I know that remotely could be a battlefield was that arena that we used during the Tri-Wizard tournament."

"The one with the dragon?"

I frowned at him, "His name is Cuddles."

"Ah.. right."

"We have no time and it's our only idea Draco."

I was anxious to enter the arena, but as I approached the doors to the room the dragon was kept in, I was expecting to hear a lot more noise.

After-all, it was a bloody dragon, and it wasn't exactly tiny. It was bound to make some sort of noise. But it wasn't.

There was a huge door, and I swung it open. Draco gasped. And my eyes went wide.

The dragon was in there alright.

But it wasn't moving.

It wasn't standing.

It wasn't sleeping.

In fact, it had no skin. No organs.
It was a rubble of bones.

"What the fuck.. happened?" I started to panic. This dragon had saved my life a few times and now it was nothing more than a pile of ashes, dust and bones. A skeleton.

"He looks like he's been dead for ages." Draco examined him, and picked up a roped rom around his neck, that had a key dangling from it - as if it used to be hanging around the dragons neck.

"It can't have been dead for ages.. Professor Dumbledore hasn't been dead for long, which means the key would've been placed around his neck a few days ago, maximum."