6 8 - W i t h o u t H e r

Y/ns Pov

Draco, Cedric and I, were standing with Professor McGonagall in Dumbledores old office.

I couldn't quite hear what they were talking about over the sounds of my own hysterical sobbing. Draco kept his hands interlocked with mine.

Professor McGonagall gave me a hug, and patted me on the back. "Now, all of you best be in your way home. Be with your families, protect them until, You-Know-Who.. makes an appearance.. in which case you know what you will have to do.."

"Kill him?" Cedric questions, "What if he comes to Hogwarts?"

She shook her head, "He won't come here.. not before he goes after Y/n.."

Draco frowned. "Well, if he think I'll let him lay a damn finger on her he's-"

"I'll fucking kill him," I gritted through my teeth, tears still streaming down my cheeks.

"Go on," McGonagall urged. "Go home, be safe,"

Suddenly, Professor Snape burst in the doors, his eyes wide, "Is it true? He's dead,"

Mcgonagall nodded yes.

For a moment, I could've sworn I saw Snapes face falter.

"Unfortunately," Said McGonagall, trying to hold herself together, "You will also.. have to find a new lineup for the new Slytherin captain.. as Miss Seraphina Riddle.. has also passed,"

Snapes face fell, and his eyes quickly darted to mine, "I- I'm very sorry.. for you loss," His voice croaked our the last word. Before he spun on his heel and hastily left the room.

I hurried after him, down the hall and stopped him. "Professor.. Um.. In a letter that Seraphina wrote me a while ago.. she had mutter that you had become one of her favourite teachers. And she had made a mug at home for you.. it said, 'Best coach ever,' on it.. if you wanted it?" I tried to wipe the tears and get on with it, as I knew K wasn't the only person hurting.

He tilted his head at me. "She was.. a funny.. little child.."

"Excuse me Professor?" A little boy from behind him interrupted, "Have you seen Seraphina anywhere?" He said with a huge grin across his face.

Snape stepped to the side, revealing to me, Ryan Chambers. My heart dropped. He was holding a little flower in his hand. He looked over to me, "Oh! Seraphinas sister?"

I nodded slowly.

Snape leaned down to me, "I'll let you.. uh- I hope you're alright.. I'll wait- over there," He walked down to the end of the hall, and lent against a wall.

Suddenly, Draco came up behind me and looked down at Ryan.

"Well.. I'm guessing you guys haven't seen Phina anywhere, so if you do? Could you give her this for me?" He stuck his hand out, and held a little flower out. It was a daisy. Her favourite. "Oh, and this," He handed me an envelope that had her name written across the front and a polaroid picture of the two of them in their quidditch jerseys.

Seraphinas smile was bright, and she was giggling. Ryan was giving her a piggy back and laughing.

A tear rolled down my face as I looked at it. They had actually become friends.

"Are you ok?" He asked curiously.

"She's dead," I blurted.
In a perfect world, I would have liked to say it in a nicer way. Explained it in a nice way to him. But I was hurting, and I couldn't talk properly.

"Wha- what..?" His voice croaked and he scrunched his nose. "Is she.. how?"

Draco had tried to explain, and Ryan surprisingly started tearing up, trying to wipe his tears away.

I wrapped my arms around him and smiled at him. "I have an idea," I grabbed him and walked down the hallway towards Snape, "Professor, are you still looking for a new captain?" I smiled lightly.

Snape raised his eyesbrows and looked down at Ryan, "Mr Chambers..? Is that something you would be up for? I'm sure Miss Riddle would appreciate it,"

"Okay," He nodded.

Before Draco and I decided to leave, I walked back into the dart arts room. Dumbedore, Lockhart and Phinas body's had been moved. The classroom still layed in ruins, the remains of charred wood and flipped tables everywhere.

I saw the stake on the floor. Still covered in blood.
Draco came up behind me and put a hand in my shoulder. "How do we destroy it?"

"I have no idea.." I walked over slowly and picked it up. Dread filled my body, when I felt the blood on the wood was still wet, and was on my hands. I took a dee breath, and tucked it into the pocket of my pants.

Draco and I, decided it would be best to apparate home now. I bit my lip - how were we going to tell everyone? Even worse, how was so going to face Bellatrix?

I love Bellatrix with all my soul. But a part of me was honestly so angry at her, and partly wanted to blame her for what happened to Seraphina.
She was, afterall, the one who gave the horocrux to Lockhart. She lied about the dark lord being dead. And now, he could be back at any moment.

Once he finds out that Lockhart is dead, he'll realise that we have his last horocrux and will come after us before we can destroy it.

The only person that would know how to destroy it, was Dumbedore himself.

Draco said he would talk to the family, and tell them what had happened.

Draco Malfoys Pov

"Well I'm glad," Mum breathed with a smile, "So, how's Y/n doing?"

"Well.." I sighed and tried to push back more tears, "Uh." My voice cracked, "She not going good.. you see, then Lockhart got up off the floor.. and he stabbed Seraphina through the heart.. with the stake,"

Aunt Bella's face went pale white, and I could tell she was interenally screaming at herself. She blamed her self. I could tell.

"Oh," Mothers face dropped, and tears started swelling in her eyes.

Bellatrix stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind her. I heard her footsteps powering up the stairs, towards Y/n and I's room.

Y/n Pov

I layed on the bed in Seraphinas room, cuddled up in a blanket.
My old room from when me and me grandfather liver here, was hers. I grew up in this room, and she had spent the passed few months making it her own - and now, she would never sleep in here again.

On her walls, she had polaroids plastered everywhere of me, her, Draco, Cedric, Hermione and Aurora.

"Hello."

My eyes shot to the end of my bed, where Dobby was sitting on a stool, still wearing his suit from the wedding a few weeks before.

"Hey Dobby.." I breathed.

He hopped up on the bed next to me with a huge smile, "Dobby does ever miss Miss Riddle when she isn't here. Dobby wonders how long the school term is?"

I looked down at him, again, having to break the news too him.

His huge elf eyes housed tears along the folds of his eyes, and his jolly smile faded. "Dobby, Dobby must be a lone for a moment." He sadly slid off the bed and exited the door.

Before he could close the door all the way, a hand stopped the door from closing.

It was Bella. "Hi.."

She gave a shy, sorry smile and her eye makeup was smudged down her cheeks. I could tell she could feel herself breaking as she neared closer to me, "I'm so sorry," The words fe from her lips and I leant up to give her a hug. She dug her head into my shoulder and cried. "I never meant for this to happen."