2 3 - L e t t e r s

You decided that you were going to go down and have dinner. How bad could it possibly be, right? You threw on a black dress that had been hanging up in a cupboard in your room and headed downstairs. You were feeling a lot better since Bellatrix had visited you, although she didn't seem like the warmest presence, it was better than nothing.

You walked into the dining room and Voldemort, Lucius, Narcissa, Bellatrix and Draco were sitting already. The air was cold and the room was silent. You walked in and slumped down into your chair.

"Loving the fucking enthusiasm we've created in the atmosphere guys," You sarcastically said as you slouched yourself into the head of the table. Lucius rolled his eyes. Still, nobody said anything.

"I'm really loving the conversation we have going here. Why did I even bother coming down?" You rolled your eyes. But still nobody said anything. You could see Belletrix trying to hold in a grin. You looked around at everybody and seemed that they were all desperately trying to ignore your remarks.

"How about I lighten the mood a little?" You announce standing up. Everybody was still staring at you awkwardly. You knew you were probably more powerful than anybody here, you just didn't know how to control it, so your confidence was slowly rising again.

"What sort of shoes does Voldemort wear?"

His eyes widened with anger, because you said his name.

Everyone looked at eachother, again, nobody saying anything.

"Horo- CROCS,"

Bellatrix let out a cackle and then covered her mouth, trying not to burst with laughter. Voldemort and Lucius and stared at you with unamused faces. Draco looked at you and then closed his eyes, you were unsure if it was because he was mad or trying to hide a laugh, Narcissa stood up from the table.

"Oop, it's seems we've run out of drinks, Bella, could you come and help me out," She smiled nervously.

"Of course," Bellatrix rose from her seat and winked at you on her way passed.

The rest of dinner was completely silent. Afterwards you were making your way up the stairs, towards your room, when you spotted Draco, coming out of a room. Now was your chance. It had been weeks since you were able to speak to him.

"Draco. Draco." You whispered yelled at him.
His head snapped to you, then he looked away pretending that he didn't see you. "Draco, you fucking brat. Answer me!" You raised your voice.

He looked around to see if anyone was there, "Will you shut the fuck up?"

"I- what?"

"Why the fuck are you talking to me?"

He really took you off guard. Why would you be talking to him? You weren't officially dating or anything but you had figured he would want to see you or see how you were ?

"What? What do you mean?"

"Did you not fucking realise? This whole time I was just using you, until I could get you here for my father, it's not that hard to understand,"

Your heart shattered. Everything you had done for him. The laughs. The cry's. The memories. And it all meant nothing to him. He was pretending the whole time.