6 6 - D u m b l e R u m b l e

Y/ns Pov

I once again, I found myself in quite the predicament. Professor Lockhart had a stake pointed at my face, and I was looking down a barrel of certain death. I was passed the point of no return, and nothing was going exactly how I had planned it.

'Please Merlin,' I prayed in my head, 'Do something. Anything?'

And like Merlin himself had heard my prayers, I heard familiar male voices from outside the room. A disgruntled knocking came from the other side of the door, "Helllloooo,"

"Get up." The Professor spat, I quickly hurried to my feet. My fingers crossed that it was somebody who would keep me and Seraphina safe, "Don't say a word..." He walked over to the door, "Hello? Who is it?" He turned the handle, and none other than Cedric Diggory and Professor Dumbledore were standing on the other side.

I took the biggest sigh of relief.

"Good evening Professor Lockhart," Dumbedore entered the room.

Cedric gasped, "Y/n!" He ran and wrapped his arms around me and Seraphina.

"Oh?" Dumbedore turned in my direction, "Miss Y/n.. it is a pleasure to see you.. but do you mind telling me why you're on the school grounds? Need I remind you.. you're not a student anymore,"

I completely froze, unable to come up with an answer.

"Very well then," He shrugged, and faced Professor Lockhart, "Mr Diggory here, has some concerns about your methods of punishment you used on his younger brother.. Transfiguration is not an appropriate punishment, especially for a second year,"

"Oh, yes" Lockhart nodded, "My sincerest apologies, Headmaster.."

Dumbedore then looked around the room, only to see the hundreds of Vampires with crosses across them. His eyes widened, and he quickly turned to make eye contact with Lockhart. He knew exactly why me and Seraphina were here.

Both of the professors drew their wands instantly. I grabbed Seraphina by her arm and shielded her behind me.

"Put the wand down Gilderoy.." Professor Dumbledore threatened as he inched closer to Lockhart.

Professor Lockhart suddenly became cowardly at the idea of fighting one of the most powerful wizards of all time. He stumbled backwards and began trying to run out the door, he leaped over the railing, trying to make an escape.

"Colloportus!" Cedric pointed his wand at the door. The door slammed and locked, trapping all of us inside the classroom.

Lockhart turned around, he had fury and fear in his eyes. He aimed his wand at Cedric. "Crucio,"

Cedric dropped to the floor in agony, I screamed as loud as I could and hurried to his side. Anger built up inside of me, but I just needed to make sure Cedric was alright.

Professor Dumbledore and Professor Lockhart continued to exchange spells.

I couldn't beleive it, my old Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom, had become a battleground.

"Cedric?" I pushed his arm, trying to help him up, "Cedric?" He didn't say anything. Tears streamed from my eyes.

"Is he okay?" Seraphinas eyes were watering and she looked down at me crying over him.

"Avarda Kadavra!" Lockhart yelled at Dumbedore, but he kept returning the spells, over and over, until one time - he wasn't fast enough.

In a blink of an eye, the duel had seized, and Professor Dumbedore had fallen to the ground. In a second, my Headmaster had risked it all for us and didn't come out on the other side. My heart dropped.