1 5 - T a s k 2 & a n o t h e r T a s k

It was now February 24th, the day of the second task. It had been two months since that night with Draco, and you had pushed all of your friends away. They came to your room constantly to try and cheer you up but you were really just over it.

Draco looked at you in class often. And sent you notes trying to get you to talk to him. But you refused. You didn't want to get hurt anymore.

You sat on the edge of your bed, with your golden egg in your hands.

"Y/N.." Hermione came into your room.. "Are you sure you're okay? You seem really stressed."

"Nothing.. nothing Hermione it's fine really. I feel better." You lied.

"I know this might not be the best time to ask.. but.. did you ever find out what your clue is ..?"

To be honest. You had no idea. You would ask Cedric what it was, but it was against the rules to share the clues with your competitors, and you didn't want to put him in that position.

"I have it under control." You smiled at her.

"Whateverrrr you sayyy," She giggled, blew you a kiss and left the room.

You absolutely didn't have it under control. They told you to wear something tight, that could get ruined. You rested your egg next to your leg as you rummaged through your bottom draws. You grabbed a dusty robe from the bottom of your draw.. Draco's second year Slytherin robe...

Tears filled your eyes and the realisation that you had no idea what you were doing. You didn't even know where the fucking task was. You walked into the bathroom and saw a peice of parchment on the floor.

You picked it up. It was the letter your Grandfather wrote to you, that night before the Yule Ball, you read over it. The words were smudged but you could sort of make out the words, "Egg, boil," Boil it? In water?

You didn't have time to boil it properly, so you ran the bath water as hot as you could and put the egg in there. The water obviously wasn't boiling but you were desperate. You put the egg in the water and it the inside of egg lit up, revealing a green light you hadn't seen before.

You used a spell to cool the water and stuck your head in the bath but you couldn't see anything. All you could hear was... singing? You new that anywhere. Mer people. The only place where mer people lived? .. The Black Lake. Shit.

You grabbed your things and ran to the black lake. You had no idea how you were supposed to do this challenge, let alone what it was, but you were probably late.

Everyone was on a platform that was floating in the lake. Hermione, Aurora and Blaise were standing up on a stand, waving at you. You smiled.

"Okay, now that all the Champions have arrived," Dumbledore stepped up, on a box. "At the bottom of the lake, there is an item that belongs to each of you, the task is simple. Dive deep. Get the item. And come back up. You have an hour, your time starts in 3..2..1!"

All the other champions dove into the water. But you didn't. How the fuck were you supposed to do this? Also what the fuck did they steal? A comb? Was this even worth it.

Cedric came back up out of the water, not even in two minutes, with a dagger his dad had given him when he was younger.

"Oi, Y/L/N, here," George put his hand out and gave you some gillyweed. "Fred and I thought it would be funny to act like sharks and scare everyone, but we think you need it more," He smiled and turned away.

You ate it and dove into the water. You were actually fairly calm. If you were struggling to breathe or got tired, you would just return to the surface. No harm done, you hadn't even noticed this item was missing, so clearly it mustn't be that important.