Chapter 1

"Azami?...Azami? ...helloooo?"

I snapped back to reality. I stared back at the two adults looking at me.

"I'm sorry what'd you say" taking a sip of my tea.

"I was just telling you about the vacation Daniel and I are thinking of taking during holidays." Mrs. Williams said as she put her hand on her husband's thigh who also happens to be my English teacher, Mr. Williams.

Mrs. Williams was my History teacher who I have second period, she was the first teacher who actually asked about me and wanted to get to know me. After meeting her husband who I have sixth period, we managed to have a close bond my first week here.

They were technically my only friends here. I've only been at Kingsbury for about a month and half, yet I have no friends my age. I guess no one wants to be friends with the weird and new Asian American student.

"Honey, she's distracted."

The two exchanged looks before Mrs. Williams remembered. She turned her neck so fast in my direction, it looked like it hurt.

"Oh my gosh it's results week" She came over from behind the desk and gave me what seemed like a hug, but she shook me so violently. I gave her a weak smile. I've been thinking about this week since my third week here, ever since I left the teacher's meeting room for my "auditions". Mr. and Mrs. Williams forced me to audition as all of the girls in my grade were going to. They said it was a good opportunity to make new friends. Update, I didn't.

I thought I did well during my audition, but after hearing no response for a couple weeks, I was doubtful, though I still have some hope.

"Sorry to break it to you guys, but I doubt I got the role." I put my head in my palm as I looked outside and saw kids lounge on the grass waiting for first bell to ring.

"I don't know Ami", Mr. Williams grabbed my attention, tossing a ball in the air and catching it, "your rehearsals you did with us were pretty convincing." he continued, "I'm surprised you're not already an actress."

I laughed. "Ha ha you're so funny." I was being sarcastic.

We continued small talk till first bell rung signaling school starting. I said my byes then went on to my first class. I was looking down at my phone picking a song to choose when all of a sudden I felt someone slam into my body. I turned around with an annoyed look. I looked at the person's blurry face. He had honey eyes with fluffy brown hair.

He muttered a "sorry" before jogging up to his friends, laughing.

I rolled my eyes and continued onto class.

A/N -

AHHHH this is my first chapter, it's a little short but it's an introduction to some of the main characters. Also, while starting this book, the whole time I envisioned Mr. and Mrs. Williams as Lupin and Tonks from Harry Potter, so I think they'll be their characters ;). Don't forget to vote and tell your friends about this story :)

- jules