Chapter 7

After dinner, the twins and Millie decided to go into the twins room to play some video games while the adults stayed in the dining room, drinking wine and talking. The older kids and I offered to help clean up the dishes and putting everything away. Though when we were done, we were just standing awkwardly around the kitchen island.

Till Aubrey perked up her ears and suggested we go hang out in my room. I hesitated remembering the unpacked boxes and the messy room. I kindly said no, with the excuse that my room is horrendous. Anyways, she didn't listen to me so now Issie, Louis and Aubrey were standing in the middle of my room looking around while I sneakily tried to put away things before they saw.

"Well you weren't wrong" Aubrey stated, while softly kicking a box and trying to walk around. I mentally face palmed myself, I knew this was a bad idea.

"Oh here, my projector is up and running so I can plug it in and you guys can watch some netflix if you'd like." I offered to the group still standing in the middle.

They agreed and I told them to sit down on the couch and make themselves comfortable while I get the projector ready. I went upstairs to the mini loft in my room that had my bed and a nightstand. I went over to my projector that I had put up the night we got here. I also turned on my led lights to add some color to the room. Once the projector was adjusted from the ceiling to the wall in front of the group, I went downstairs handing Issie the remote. I saw Aubrey laying down with her head on Louis's chest with Issie noticeably uncomfortable right next to them.

"Hey, here's the remote, go ahead and choose whatever you want to watch, I'm going to bring the boxes up to my bed to make the room look somewhat decent." I said to Issie handing her the remote. She nodded at me, I looked over to the couple who were both on their phones. Aubrey was trying to take pictures with Louis, but Louis seemed uninterested and stayed on his phone. Louis must've noticed me staring because we made eye contact. I looked away embarrassed and started to bring the boxes upstairs.

I was in the middle of organizing my books into shelves when I heard someone come up behind me.

"Need some help?" I turned around. It was just Louis.

"Oh no I'm okay." I put some more books on the shelf. "Was the show boring?" I continued trying to ease the tension.

"No, it was great, Aubrey just fell asleep and Issie on her phone" He nodded towards my bed, asking if he can sit, I nodded back.

"I like your room" He said after a while.

"Thanks, kind of a mess but at least a roof above me nonetheless" I replied.

He looked around. "So is it just your bed and books up here and the rest down there?"

"Mhmm" Picking up another box filled with books, his eyes widen.

I chuckled at his face. "This is only the second box out of four sooo"

I turned around as he picked up a book, opening the first few pages. Oh crap. I recognized the cover. It was my favorite book in my whole collection. It was the first book in the "To All the Boys I've Loved Before" Trilogy. It was pretty worn out since I reread that book so many times also the fact I liked to leave notes or thoughts in the pages. I wanted to snatch the book out of his hands remembering the certain things I wrote in there, but I couldn't bring myself to move. The last time I touched that book was when I was packing everything up, 6 weeks after Dylan dumped me. I was still a pretty bad mess the weeks after. I walked over to him and laughed as I took the book out of his hands and putting it in my closet shelf instead of the shelves with the rest of the books.

I felt his eyes watching me while I try to put the rest away.

"Azami?" He asked quietly.

"mm?" I responded, not sure how this conversation would go.

"Can I ask you something?" I turned around facing Louis.

"You already did" I grinned, but when his face remained serious, I got nervous. "But yeah go on." I walked to the edge of my bed opening up another box of books as Louis was sitting up on the other side of the bed. He was looking dead straight in my eyes.

"Who's Dylan and why did he hurt so badly?" He spat out.

My heart dropped along with the book in my hands.

A/N

Fun fact, actually really sad fact, the author has gotten hurt by a dude named Dylan before so this is fun :)

Don't forget to vote and share with friends!!

- jules