Chapter 16

The apartment that Louis, William and I were going to stay in throughout filming was ready for us to move into the day before the rest of the Partridges leave back to London. So we spent most of the day packing and unpacking our things. We first packed all our stuff from the hotel and drove to the apartment. It was a nice home for an L.A. one. It was a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment with a living room. The best part was we didn't have to pay a single dime. Luckily I was the first to walk through the door before Louis so I was able to call the biggest room. Louis sulked knowing the other two rooms were the same size. William was still in New York with his family, spending time with them before having to be away for 5-7 months. The van that had Louis and I's stuff arrived in the morning and the Partridges helped us unload them from the car. We began to organize the the boxes until Mrs. Partridge realized we didn't have any silver ware for the kitchen. She also pointed out we needed more decorations to make our home more "homey".  She suggested we go to IKEA to pick some things out for our home, she didn't let Louis go since he didn't know a single thing about decorating a home, so all the ladies piled into the car while the boys stayed back to finish unloading the rest of the stuff.

THIS WILL BE IN LOUIS'S POV

My father had left a couple minutes ago to go get some dinner for when the rest of my family and Ami come home to eat. We spent the first half of the day unloading boxes and carrying it all up to the 5th floor where Ami and I lived on. There were so many boxes that I was thrilled when I carried the last pair up. The excitement soon disappeared when I got a call from the lobby saying another van full of boxes were here. Though Ami and my family were helping, it felt like the van restocked with boxes every time we brought some up.

It was around 3 p.m. when my sisters, my mom and Ami had left to IKEA. Leaving my dad and I alone to bring the boxes up. Soon enough my dad left after we brought the last of Williams things in. I began to unpack boxes, regretting not organizing them into piles of which boxes belong to who. I began to open random boxes since most weren't labeled. The first couple I opened I recognized were mine, thinking that the rest in that pile belonged to me. I brought all of it into my room. I began to unpack the boxes, realizing we didn't have bedsheets either and texted Issie to make sure she gets some.

I opened a box that had a paper on top of everything, I didn't recognize it and I was going to put it back into the living room with the rest of the unclaimed boxes, but curiosity got the best of me. So I sat down and unfolded the paper.

My heart hurts. My heart hurts. The words I yell. The words I scream, yet no one hears me. The pain in my chest. The pain I bear, the pain I cannot compare. Me clutching my chest. My vision now blurry from the tears. The sour tears falling down my face. The sour tears that won't stop. I want it to stop. I beg for it to stop. But the only person who can stop it, he isn't here. He shattered me like a vase and left me. I thought everything was okay till this day. Life after this day will never be the same. I'll just keep going, ignoring the burning pain in my body. Months have passed and nothing changes. I still hide myself behind my smile. Hiding the scars under my sleeve.  Though nothing will ever be okay again. My heart will keep hurting. My heart.

It was a poem. I didn't know who it belonged to or who it was written for. I didn't recognize the handwriting. Some of the words were blurred as what looked like drops of tears had smeared the writing. I looked around the sheet searching for a name, finding none. Until I remembered where the paper came from. I looked at the sides of the box looking for a name. Once I found it, I couldn't think of anyone I know with that name. I then put the letter back into its spot and put it back into the pile in the living room.

When everyone started coming back from their trips, we began to eat, hungry from the days work. My family and Ami made conversation at dinner. With my mind was else where, I tried to figure out the person who the poem was written for. But no face came to mind. I don't think I know anyone with that name. Anyone with the name Dylan.

A/N

Fun fact, I actually wrote that poem 😁. I'm pretty sure I was in the 6th grade when I wrote it. So don't judge on how bad it is HAHA, anyways Louis finally finds out about Dylan, but he doesn't connect the dots to Ami just yet. And don't worry don't worry, William is coming in the next chapters, and I feel like the new few chapters will be fillers just because it'll be snippets of Louis, William and Ami during bonding week before filming.

don't forget to vote and share this story !

- jules