Chapter 9

I was eating breakfast with the rest of my family before my dad cleared his throat.

"Mm so Ami." I looked up to my dad, once we made eye contact, it looked like his eyes were filled with...pity. He looked down to his plate, putting his hands on the table. "Mr. Williams told me you're having trouble making friends at school."

The twins and my mom froze looking from my dad to me.

"Is that true Anak?" My mom asked, clearly worried.

P.S. the word "anak" is a Tagalog word for child

I made a mental note to bring this up to Mr. Williams. "Well" trying to find an excuse of why I have no friends at school after being in London for almost 2 months. "I just don't like talking to kids my age, it's scary."

My dad started, "Well if it's too hard talking to kids your age then you shouldn't accept the role." My mouth dropped. He can't be serious.

"Dad, what the hell." I rose from my seat, my mom glaring at me across the table. "I can't NOT accept this role. This is huge!"

Both of my parents sat in shock.

"You do not talk to me like that, Azami Marie Navarro." Oh no, he said my full name. I'm in deep shit. He stood from his seat.

"Talk to me like that again, and you'll regret it." He kicked his chair in and went upstairs. The rest of family looked back at me, speechless. I put my dish in the kitchen and grabbed my backpack and skateboard from the bottom of the stairs.

"I'm going to school!" I yelled out. Before anyone can reply, I slammed the front door, locking it and skated to school.

Once I arrived, I walked through the busy hallway, everyone looking at me weirdly. I guess it's because my hairs a mess and my uniform a tad wrinkled, but that didn't matter. I was pissed.

I stormed into the classroom, "Why did you tell my father about me not having friends?!" I looked at the two behind the desk.

"Uh..what are you talking about?" Mrs. Williams asked, getting up from her seat.

I glared at Mr. Williams, "HE," pointing at the guilty teacher still in the chair, "told my dad I had no friends and my dad told everyone at breakfast this morning and now they're worried their daughter is a loser at school." Mrs. Williams gave me a sympathetic look, but before she could say anything, kids started to pile into the room. I looked at the clock, we still had 20 minutes before first period. The three of us looked confused at the 8-16 kids that were crowding near the door.

"Can I help you?" Mrs. Williams asked them.

"Oh uh we just wanted to hang out with Azami, she's seems really....cool." I looked at them. Me, cool? yeah, no. I thought about it then remembered the day before. They just want to be friends with me since I'm about to be in a movie. I got sad knowing they only wanted to start talking to me was because I'll be maybe famous soon.

This went on the entire school day, kids coming up to me asking if I want to sit next to them at lunch or hang out with them after school. I always said no, said I had plans. I kept to myself during passing period, putting my head low and rushing off whenever I heard someone call my name. On the way to Mr. Williams room to hide from the kids, I passed by a crowded table. I saw Louis in the middle, Aubrey next to him and kids surrounding them. Aubrey looked please with all the attention. Louis, on the other hand, looked bored out of his mind. He was there, but he wasn't. When we caught eyes, Louis pretended to be dead, eyes closed and tongue hanging out of the side of his mouth. I chuckled and smiled at him. He smiled back and rolled his eyes. I then made my way to the teachers room avoiding other students faces.

Time skip to end of the school day

I knew there was something wrong right when I walked through the front door and seeing my parents sitting on the couch. I looked at them weirdly. My mom had her hand on my dads knee, both avoiding my gaze. My dad told me to sit down on the couch across from them.

"Where's the boys?" I asked as I sat down.

"Upstairs" My dad looked up. "We need to talk about the movie role now." My heart dropped. Oh fuck, oh fuck. This is it. They're going to tell me I can't accept the part and I'll never live out my big break.

"Why didn't you tell us they're going to film in the States?" My mom asked.

"I didn't know, they didn't send me an email about it or anything. I thought it was going to be filmed here since they held auditions here." My mom shook her head in response.

"Well your mom and I have been talking about while you were at school and we decided you can accept the role". I released a breath I didn't realize I was holding. I was relieved.

"But you're going alone. We won't be coming with you." My dad finished.

A/N

whoops a cliffhanger. i've been having a rough couple days lately and writing is the only thing keeping me going including ur comments, i just wanna say thank you :') ALSO THIS CHAPTER IS FOR ZEE BECAUSE SHE WANTED AN UPDATE HAHA LOVE YOU ! don't forget to vote and share :)

- jules