Chapter 3

I sat down picking at my nails. The deans speech tuned out as background noise. I looked over at Mr. Williams making a sleepy face at me. I giggled at the sight, earning a few looks from my classmates. I paid back attention to the dean just as he said,

"We have the results of the auditions the school held over a month ago, and the two lead roles will be played by two students at this very school."

Everyone perked up at the news, whispers going around the room. I, on the other hand, rolled my eyes, but cast a hopeful look at Mrs. Williams.

"Now, now quiet down." The dean started, grabbing our attention. He pulled out a piece of paper and unfolded it. He coughed a little into the mic, causing me to cringe as I saw a little spit fly.

"Our first lead role will be played by none other than...Louis Partridge!" Claps erupted the room along with whistles and words of congrats and I told you so's. My eyes darted the room wondering who this lucky boy was until he went on stage. I did a double-take. It was the boy from the halls. Now finally seeing his face and not as a blur, he was actually...cute. Obnoxiously cute. I shook my head. I mean I'm surprised he's not a model, he definitely has the face. The claps then quieted down as the dean congratulated the boy on stage.

Turning back to the mic, "And the second lead role will be played by", he paused followed by a look of confusion. Anticipation throughout the crowd built up. "by...Azami Navarro?". I froze. The whole auditorium went quiet as whispers went around.

"Who's that?"

"I've never heard of her"

Two people were the only ones clapping which were none other than Mr. and Mrs. Williams. I winced.

"Can Mrs. Azami Navarro please come up on stage." I sunk my head lower into the seat, putting my head down as low as possible. Didn't last long though, because next thing I know I'm being dragged across the room to the stage. I looked back at Mr. Williams who gave me two thumbs up. I stood awkwardly at the edge of stage hearing the whispers of my classmates.

"She's not even that pretty"

"I didn't even know she existed"

I took a deep breath and pushed my glasses up my nose. I walked towards the dean and held my hand out.

"I'm Azami Navarro." He looked at my hand then back at me.

"Ah yes, yes." He looked taken back, "congrats", shook my hand and pointed toward Louis.

I walked over next to him with an awkward smile and exchanged shy words of "congrats".

"Well school before I release you back to class, let's congratulate Mr. Partridge and Miss Navarro!" Awkward claps filled the room, my head filled with embarrassment.

A/N -

Next chapter is gonna be kinda short, I'm sorry in advance :( it's gonna be a filler kind of chapter. Don't forget to vote and share with friends :)

- jules