Chapter 35

I opened my eyes slowly to see the familiar popcorn ceiling of my trailer. My face felt dehydrated. I touched my eyes, the puffiness becoming too noticeable. It was hard to blink as I cried out all my tears what felt years ago. I woke up more tired than I've ever felt, drained more or so. My eyes felt like I opened up my blinds one bright Sunday morning and my eyes weren't quick enough to adjust to the lighting.

I looked over at the clock hanging on the wall across me. 4:29 p.m. , it read. I've been asleep for almost 5 hours. I don't even remember how I got into my bed, I peeked under my covers to see I was still wearing my clothes I had on during the scene.

All of a sudden, a loud snore from the corner jolted me from my trance. The face was looking downward, making it harder for me to recognize who it was. I tried to squint from my position, but my eyesight was just too blurry.

I finally was able to get up, making my way toward the person when I stopped at my mirror. I was still wearing the wrinkly clothes, but my face was wiped clean. No smudges or runny makeup were left on my cheeks, only the red puffiness around my eyes. I stood there staring at my reflection when I heard someone cough.

"Look who finally woke up." The deep voice greeted me. They stood up, making their way towards me when I was able to put a face on the voice. Of course, it was Louis.

"Um yeah, how'd I even get here? I don't remember walking back to the trailer." I asked him.

He sat down on the edge of my bed facing me as I leaned my body against my vanity. "You knocked out when you sat down after your scene. Timo carried you back to the trailer and I removed your makeup. We didn't- we didn't want to change your clothes." He looked down at his hands while I looked away cringing.

"Well thanks anyways, I really needed that nap, but where's everyone else?" I questioned, realizing he was the only one in the room with me.

He scratched the back of his head. "Willie is doing his scenes, I finished around 30 minutes ago. Timo went to pick up some stuff for dinner cause he's cooking apparently, Jo and Alex went back to their apartment." I nodded at him, letting silence take over.

"Do you want to go for a walk?" I looked up at the boy, and nodded.

He led me out of the trailer towards this trail away from the production site. The sun was beginning to dip into the sky, yet it was still high up. Beautiful colors filled the scene around us. Mixtures of pink, blue and yellow crowded the airspace, while beautiful shades of green covered the land below us. We walked in silence, though we looked around in awe.

I was too busy appreciating the scenery, that I didn't notice we had arrived at a park. Louis and I sat on a bench, a table in front of us. None of us spoke, comfortable stillness.

"That was an amazing performance Ami, I really can't tell you how much emotion you put into it. It felt so real and easy for you do." He whispered softly.

I smiled to myself, "Thank you Lou, that means a lot to me." He didn't have anything else to say, so silence was among us.

Until I spoke up, "You wanna know why I managed to do that scene so well?" I felt his body turns towards me, though I didn't face him.

"I was already all too familiar to the fight we had during the scene you know? About being in the medical field but not wanting to." I said, Lou nodded at me. "Also it reminded me of Dylan, the physical parts of course."

Louis pulled me into a hug, rubbing circles on my back and rubbing my hair. I put my arms around him, drawing him closer. Once we parted, my eyes grazed his lips, as he looked at me. I quickly turned round, putting my face into my palm.