Chapter 8

T.W. mentions of physical and verbal abuse. If you do not feel comfortable, you may skip the last part of this chapter, I'll be writing another warning before the actual scene.

I stood there looking at Louis, shocked. It didn't hurt that he asked me, but how straight forward he was with it was kinda alarming. I didn't really know what to say so we just looked at each other.

"Azami?..are you okay?" Louis got up from his place and came over to my side. "I'm sorry, that was rude of me, it's none of my business, I shouldn't have asked." He picked up the book I dropped.

I snapped back to reality and looked at him. He had a worried look on his face. I felt bad.

"No, no I'm okay it's fine." I grabbed the book from his hands, but staying in place. "Dylan...Dylan is just an ex. That's all." I felt his eyes studying me. I didn't feel like talking about him. I wasn't ready. I think he sensed that because Louis dropped the subject. He looked over to the boxes and decided to help me out to help me out. Making conversation here and there asking where things should go and such.

We didn't realize how late it was until Issie called us down saying they have to go. We climbed down the ladder to see Aubrey looking quite upset on the couch.

"Where were you?" Aubrey asked walking up to us, well technically Louis, she ignored my presence so I was just standing awkwardly on the side.

Louis glanced at me. "I was helping Ami fix her stuff." He stammered.

My heart leaped. He called me Ami. No one's ever called me Ami before.

Aubrey stirred to me. "Well we're about to leave." She replied, clearly talking to Louis, but was still facing me. She grabbed his hand and walked out of the room. Louis shouting goodnight to me as he left. My heart feeling a bit warm.

I waved from my window as I saw their car leave my driveway. I turned around to see my messy room and sighed.

I might as well clean it now.

I turned on my projector and let my Spotify load onto the ceiling. I started to play my Julie and the Phantoms playlist as I begin cleaning my room then moving onto the leftover boxes I wasn't able to unload.

It was around midnight when I finally reached my last 3 boxes. I grabbed one of them putting it on my desk, not bothering to look at the name on the side. Big mistake, I should've looked.

I opened the flaps on the top of the box and it felt like my world stopped when I saw what was inside.

Dylan

He was in this box. Everything stored here had something to do with him. Printed pictures, old sweaters and trinkets. I slowly took everything out, my hands slightly shaking. I sat down while I looked at everything spread out, my wobbling legs unable to hold my weight. I took a deep breath before I decided to finally look at everything one by one.

The facetime pictures and pictures we took together when he moved to my town made my heart break. We looked so happy. I looked so happy. His old sweaters and hoodies I borrowed, but never gave back, still smelled like him. I started to sob. The trinkets. The necklace he got me when we first met. Our relationship bracelet we made and sent to each other before he moved closer to me. Countless movie tickets. So many memories. Memories I wish to erase.

Seeing all the memoirs in front of me made me feel so much pain. I physically felt my heart break. I started to cry.

T.W. mentions of physical and verbal abuse!

Flashback

"I just don't understand why you're so mad" I said while Dylan paced my room, running his hands through his hair.

He turned to me, anger in his eyes. "You're hanging with another boy. Alone!" He had his arm out, as if he's stating the obvious. "What's there not to understand?"

I rolled my eyes. "I already told you" I stood up, clearly frustrated. "Jack had to come over and help me with a project, nothing happened." I was inches away from his face at this point.

He looked at me, flaring his nostrils before...*slap*. I was on the floor holding my cheek. The left side of my face feeling warm. I had tears brimming my eyes as I looked up at Dylan. It didn't even look like him anymore. He came down to me, I thought he was going to comfort me and say he didn't mean it. I was wrong. So so wrong.

When he was eye level with me, he grabbed the back of my head, tying my hair around his hand as he dragged me to the side of my bed. I was fighting tears, crying out that he was hurting me, he ignored me. He slapped me again when I didn't stop. He threw me onto my bed, my body slamming against my headboard. I groaned in pain, until Dylan got on top of me grabbing both of my wrists and holding them above my head. His face red with anger.

"Don't you EVER fucking talk to me like that you stupid bitch!"

He continued to slap me, punching me and throwing insults at me.

"No one will ever love you." A kick to my stomach.

"You're a slut and a total whore and everyone knows it." He kicked my back.

"You're nothing, you're worthless." A slap to my face.

"You were never enough for me. You'll never be enough for anybody." He whispered before I blacked out.

I woke up the next day in my bed with bruises all over my body.

Flashback over.

I cried as I lied on the floor clutching my heart that felt like it was breaking into millions of pieces. I cried and cried, holding in my sobs in case anybody was awake.

Little did I know, my dad was outside my door, listening in as I felt myself being ruined all over again.

A/N

omg this was so hard to write. I was crying LOL. Forgot to mention, none of Azami's family members know why or how Dylan broke up, so they had no idea this happened to her. Only Dylan and Ami know what happened. Anyways, I hope you guys like the story so far! Don't forget to vote and share with friends. Also, if any of you guys experience something like that, I'm so sorry, you don't deserve it. I LOVE YOU.

- jules