Chapter 23 Pt. 2

GOOD MORNING ZEE <33

I couldn't sleep. The memories of slapping Louis flashing through my mind. I kept asking myself why did I do that, though I never came up with an answer.

I sat up in bed, looking out the window, watching the night sky. The noises of L.A. has died down a little due it to being 2 in the morning. I Looked over at my phone which sat on the nightstand next to me. I didn't bother to check it.

My throat felt dry, so I walked out to the kitchen which was surprisingly occupied by someone. I slowly walked past them, grabbing a cup from the cupboard, filling it with water.

"Are you okay?" The person asked. I didn't answer right away. I took a swig of my water, filling it once again. I turned around to look at them. "I'm fine" I was lying through my teeth and they knew it.

Timmy stood up, making his way next to me. I backed away into the sink, fearful. I slowly looked up at his face. Tears began to fill his green eyes. He looked pale, the skin around his eyes, slightly red as it looked like he was constantly rubbing it.

"I'm so sorry Ami." he broke down in front of me. He kept slamming his fists onto the granite. I stood there unaware of how to comfort him. "I'm supposed to be like your big brother." He continued on, he looked back at me. His eyes were full of pain and it hurt me to see him like that. "I know we've only hung out a couple of times, but I'm supposed to protect you, protect you from people like...people like him." He fell onto the floor. I fell with next to him, engulfing him into a hug. He hugged me back, tightly.

"Please stop crying Timmy. This isn't your fault." I started to tear up. I didn't want anyone beating themselves up for my poor choices.

We made our way to the couch still tightly in a hug, scared to let go of one another. "I promise to always protect you Ami, you're like my little sister." He pulled me onto his chest, rubbing my back comfortably.

"Can I call you Kuya Timmy? Or just Kuya? I feel weird just calling you Timmy." I questioned. I felt his head pull away to look at me.

"Yeah sure, anything you want Ami." He replied. "What does it mean though, does it have like a meaning?"

I pulled back and looked at him. I gave him a smile. It was heartwarming to know he was interested in my culture. "Yeah actually it means like older brother or like older boy cousin in the filipino culture. It's respectful or tradition to call your family members with their associated word. Like I call my grandparents Lola and Lolo. I called my aunts and uncles, tita's or tito's. I sometimes call my parents nanay and tatay. My younger brothers call me Ate." *pronounced Ah-teh* I rambled.

He looked back at me with amazement, a smile creeping up on his face, his tears had dried out. "Do you guys have a word for a younger sister?"

I thought for a while. "Oh wait yes we do I think it's batang kapatid, or just kapatid, I think that's just for younger sibling, I forgot the actual word for younger sister."

He tried pronouncing the word, his accent not sounding tol well, causing me to laugh. "Batang kapatid Ami...kapatid Ami." He looked over to me smiling, "It has a nice ring to it." We both laughed.

Timmy pulled me into a hug, we laid down side by side. "Thank you...Kuya" I looked over as he smiled cheekily.

"I'll always protect you my kapatid Ami." My body overwhelmed with comfort. The first feeling I felt for a while.

A/N

Just a little filler chapter! Had to throw in some wholesome content after everything! I hope y'all liking the story so far :) i almost forgot to post this update before i went to sleep. zee would've told me off in my messages AHAHA

also don't forget to share and vote :P

- jules