Chapter 19

I recommend listening to the song while reading this chapter of y'all want :)

It was Tuesday morning and the boys have gone out to get some groceries. Finally some peace and quiet. Something we haven't had since William moved in as the two would constantly make ruckus throughout the day.

I was reading a book on my bed when I looked over at my keyboard. I hadn't played since the celebratory dinner back in London. I tried to continue reading my book, but I felt the piano calling my name. I sighed and put my book down.

I sat down at the piano staring at the keys. Positioning my fingers. I closed my ears. And I began to sing.

balloons are deflated
guess they look lifeless like me
we miss you on your side of bed mmm
still got your things here
and they stare at me like souvenirs
don't wanna let you out my head

Flashbacks of Dylan began to flood my mind

just like the day that i met you
the day i thought forever
said that you love me
but that'll last for never
it's cold outside
like when you walked out my life
why you walk out my life

The many nights Dylan had hurt me rolled through my mind like fresh memories

i, get like this every time
on these days that feel like you and me
heartbreak anniversary
'cause i, remember every time
on these days that feel like you and me
heartbreak anniversary
do you ever think of me?

I was putting makeup on the fresh bruises from the night before when my dad walked in. "Hey breakfast is ready come down." He walked out as quickly he walked in. I looked at myself in the mirrors. Tears brimming my eyes. Everything hurts.

i'm buildin'  my hopes up
like presents unopened 'til this day
i still see the messages you read, mmh
i'm foolishly patient
cant get past the taste of your lips
don't wanna let you out my head

I had just got out of the store, after buying Dylan's anniversary gift, in hurry to get home to get ready. Hoping Dylan won't get mad that I was late. I rushed by a guy making out with a blonde girl in front of the movie theater. I was in too much of a hurry to realize it was Dylan and Anna.

just like the day that i met you
the day I thought forever
said that you love me
but that'll last for never
it's cold outside
like when you walked out my life
why you walk out my life

I looked up at Dylan as I sobbed next to his bed. He was mad as I questioned why he was 45 minutes late to our dinner. "Don't ever embarrass me like that" He pushed my head into the wall. I cried even louder. He looked back at me, anger in his eyes. I knew it was going to be a long night.

i get like this every time
on these days that feel like you and me
heartbreak anniversary
'cause i remember every time
on these days that feel like you and me
heartbreak anniversary
do you ever think of me? of me
'cause i think of you
think of you

My voice cracked on the last note. So many memories running through my head. I started to feel dizzy. I screamed in pain. Hoping to let out all this hurt I'm holding inside of me. I pushed my keyboard into the wall. I threw clothes around the room. Throwing books out of their shelves. I fell onto the floor. My head in my hands. I sobbed out in frustration. Mad at myself for being unable to move on from the one person who had hurt me. My head had started to hurt. I rubbed my temples with tears streaming down my face. Memories strolling through my head. Countless memories. Memories I try to erase. I just can't seem to let go.

William's POV

Louis had just unlocked the door to our apartment, letting out a sigh after carrying all the heavy groceries up 5 floors.

I looked over to the drinks Louis put into the fridge. "Ay man that was like our 3rd boba run in the last 2 days, don't you think we've had enough?" Louis looked back at me. We paused. "Nah" we said in union.

"What's that song you're playing" Louis grabbed the pasta from a bag, looking at me.

"What do you mean? I'm not playing a song" We froze, our ears perked up. We faintly heard some singing coming from the hallway that leads to our rooms. I signaled Louis to follow me and we tippy toed towards the noise.

It was coming from Ami's room. She was playing a song on the piano. And singing. She sounded amazing. Louis and I put our ears to the door, listening as Ami played.

I, get like this every time
on these days that feel like you and me
heartbreak anniversary
'cause i, remember every time
on these days that feel like you and me
heart break anniversary
do you ever think of me? of me
'cause i think of you
think of you

There was a pause. Louis and I made eye contact, smiling from the talent of our co star. All of a sudden there was a crash coming from her room. We jumped looking at the door. Continuous crashes and sobs came from her room.

Louis and I just stood there unaware of what to do. Ami was in pain. It was clear from how horrible her sobs sounded. After some time passed and nothing but quietness left the room, we opened her door. It was a mess. Clothes flown all over, her bookshelf a mess with some books on the floor. In the middle of it all, was Ami. Sound asleep, her face red and puffy. Louis and I looked at each other in worry. We carried her into bed and tucked her in. Then we cleaned her room, luckily she was a heavy sleeper and didn't hear us.

Louis and I were unloading the groceries, unable to make conversation after what happened with Ami.

"That wasn't the first time that's happened" I looked to Louis whispering.

"Wait what do you mean?" I asked confused.

"Sit down, i'll tell you."

A/N

Louis and William found out about Ami's breakdowns :(( ik this chapter sucked butt SORRY SORRY. I promise the chapters will get longer soon.

ALSO BIDEN WON OMG

don't forget to vote and share :)

- jules