Chapter 6

"Where'd you learn to play that?" Issie asked as the kids took a seat at the dining table. The adults in the other room getting the rest of the food ready to bring out. I felt a little embarrassed by her question as everyone stared me down.

I coughed, "I learned to play while growing up."

"She stopped playing when Dylan dumped her though." One of the twins spat out. I turned to him in shock and anger. I kicked him under the table.

"HEY THAT HURT!" he yelled at me. Good, I thought.

"Dylan?" Louis spoke up, Issie continuing on, "Who's that?"

"Umm" I was a little uncomfortable with what we created in the studio today so I just said that he was a nobody, hoping they wouldn't ask any further. Issie luckily got the idea, but I could tell Louis was still curious. I looked at him, our eyes locking. I noticed Aubrey looking at the both of us, in the corner of my eyes. Before she had the chance to say anything, the adults walked in.

The smell of the infamous pesto pasta my dad makes filled the room. I laughed at the hungry faces the Partridge siblings and Aubrey was making. Mrs. Williams took a seat next to me with Mr. Williams beside her.

"Your dad makes some of the best pasta I've ever tried, Ami" Mr. Williams said as he reached over Mrs. Williams lap to whisper into my ear.

"Thank you, but you should try his BBQ, I'll invite you to the next cookout" I chuckled.

Before he could respond, both my parents stood up at one edge of the table as Mr. and Mrs. Partridge stood up at the other end.

My dad started "I'd like to thank you all for coming to celebrate the news that Mr. Louis Partridge and my one and only daughter received this afternoon" He signaled the both of us to stand up before he went on, "They'll be playing the lead roles in an actual movie!" Everyone clapped. My face turning red, while Louis smiled. Louis and I shook hands across the table, since we sat straight across each other, it wasn't that hard.

Mr. Partridge decided to continue the speech as my parents sat down, "I'm very proud of the both of you, Ami I can't wait for our family to becomes good friends during the production of this film. And since we will have to move to the States due to filming will being held there..." I froze. Did he just say that production is going to take place in the States? I thought it was going to be filmed here since they held auditions at UK schools. "I decided to now let you know, our family can't wait for to spend a two week vacation and relax in the States." He smiled proudly, looking at his wife then to his kids who were thrilled. I, on the other hand made eye contact with my parents, who didn't look so happy. "The States?", my dad mouthed to me. I could tell he was angry, this isn't going to end well, I thought to myself.

As soon as everyone calmed down and we said our words of congrats to Mr. Partridge, we all dug into the yummy food my parents cooked.

"What's this?" Millie asked with an eggroll in her hand and her mouth filled with pasta.

"That's Lumpia, it's a Filipino eggroll." I smiled at her, while I noticed Louis grabbing one and taking a bite.

"This is delicious." He said with his mouth full, grabbing another and putting it on his plate. I blushed as I took a bit of my bread roll.

"Ami actually made that, she hates when I make it so she makes them herself." My mom butting in and rolling her eyes.

Louis turned back to me, "Wait you made these, like actually made them?"

"I uh yeah I do or did" I felt flustered, without looking around the room, I could tell the room was looking at me.

" Well now you need to make me a some every week" Louis said, smiling with Aubrey next to him glaring at me.

"Yeah us too" Mrs. Williams said next to me.

Everyone laughed and continued on with dinner.

A/N

hiii guys I hope you all are liking the book so far, I know it's going a little slow right now, but in the next few chapters, we might have a change in setting. Don't forget to vote and share this story with your friends :)

-jules