Chapter 5

I was applying another layer of lip gloss when my mom called me down.

"Ami! The guests are here"

"Coming!" I yelled back. I was too busy fixing my hair as I was going down the stairs, I didn't realize the figure at the bottom of it.

hmph

I crashed into them. "I'm so sorry, I didn't see you there." I looked up. It was Louis. He was alarmingly a lot taller than I remembered.

"It's fine darling, It's my fault." He gave me a friendly smile, then proceeded to the kitchen with his hand on some girls back.

I looked at the back of his head. "Darling"? I thought to myself. British people are so weird. I made my way to the kitchen seeing Mr. Williams talking to my dad and presumably Louis's dad. While my mom, Mrs. Williams, and I believe Louis's mom were organizing the food. I passed by a little girl talking to the twins and saw Louis and two girls in the corner, one girl older than the two.

"Ah Ami, there you are! Help me put these on the dining room table." My mom said as she handed me two dishes.

"Oh here let me help." The older girl came up behind me and grabbed some dishes. I guided her to the dining room and told her where to put the plates.

"I'm Issie by the way", She stuck out her hand as we put the plates down, "Louis's older sister." She was really pretty. I shook her hand.

"I'm Azami, Ami for short, nice to meet you" I smiled at her. She smiled back.

"I really like your name, it's unique." I thanked her as she guided me around the room introducing me to her family. I found out the little girl that was talking to the twins was Louis's other sister, Millie, she was really sweet. She introduced me to her parents, who were also very nice and they congratulated me on the role. Then Issie guided me towards Louis and the mystery girl.

"Ami, this is Louis and Aubrey" I looked at the both of them.

"His girlfriend" Aubrey interrupts as she put her hand on Louis's chest. I threw up on the inside. Issie and I exchanged looks.

"Hi, I'm Azami, nice to meet you." I shook out my hand towards Aubrey. She looked at me and gave me a weird look. She didn't shake my hand.

"Um..I like your outfit." She gave me a look that said otherwise. I looked down. I thought my outfit was pretty cute, something I wouldn't really wear on a normal day.

"Oh thank you, I like yours!" I tried to be friendly although I know she was lying. She smiled widely. She turned to Louis.

"Hey Lou, we should take some pictures for my instagram so we can tell everybody about your new role." She gave him a puppy eyed look. Ew.

"Uh I don't think we should do that, not until the director says it's okay to." Louis said to her. He looked so awkward with her. She was all up on him, squeezing his waist and such, while Louis just stood there looking like he was being tortured. I've never even seen them together at school. She looked at him with a weird face.

"Um so Aubrey do you go to Kingsbury?" I said trying to make conversation to get rid of the awkwardness in the air. She turned to look at me.

"Yeah, I do. You probably didn't notice because I bet you just sit in one of the classrooms during lunch period or something." She chuckled as she rolled her eyes.

"We should get going." Issie pulled me away from the group. Thank you to her. I looked back as I saw Aubrey and Louis start to bicker back and forth. Issie and I went to the piano room in our house, away from everyone else.

"Do you play?" I turned around as Issie stared at the grand piano.

"Oh yeah kind of, I used to play a lot when I was little, but I kind stopped so I forgot a lot of the songs I knew." I said. "Do you play?"

She looked up and gave me a sheepish grin, "Oh no, not me, Louis does, He's the talented one in our family. He's really good."

Oh wow, I never imagined Louis behind the keys. I sat next to Issie putting my hands on the piano.

"Play me something." She got up and leaned on the front of the piano, staring at me.

I took a deep breath, I was nervous. I haven't played since I left the states, so it's been a while. But once I touched the keys, it's like everything came flooding back. I closed my eyes as my fingers worked their magic. It felt so good to be playing again. I forgot how stress reliving it was. I played a full song before opening my eyes again. I looked up to see Issie in the same position as she was before I closed my eyes only with wide eyes. I also saw everybody else in the house looking back at me. I gave them a shy smile as they clapped.

"You forgot huh?" Issie nudged me when I came next to her. I laughed.

A/N -

oo man this took me a while to type. I promise the next chapter will be the ACTUAL dinner. I hope you guys are liking it so far. Don't forget to vote. I also wanna make friends on this app so pm me and we can be friends :) Also the Dodgers just won and my town is celebrating with fireworks LOL, so proud of the lakers and dodgers for winning for our city this year !!!💜💛💜💙💙💙

- jules