Chapter 24 Pt 2.

Louis stayed in his room after grabbing his drink from Willie. Timmy decided to stay on the safe side and get a vanilla shake with boba. Basic, but off to a good start. Willie's usual is a Sunset Iced Tea, which is actually pretty good.

Timmy, Willie and I stayed in the living room watching a movie, while Alex was working at the office and Jo at work.

"Kuya pass me the remote." I asked Timmy, passing me the remote as Willie shot me a confused look. "Kuya?" He wondered.

Timmy sat up in his seat with a cheeky grin. "It means older brother in Tagalog." He said, "I'm special" Willie scoffed at his response.

"What should we watch?" I asked the two.

"Stranger Things"

"Call Me By Your Name"

Timmy shot up, "No no no, we are not watching the movie where I do something with a peach!"

William and I looked at each other before laughing.

I then turned on Stranger Things Season 3 after some bickering between the two boys.

Time skip to like episode 7 so it's getting late now

I woke up startled. I looked over at the tv as the end credits of an episode began to play. I peeked at the two boys who were still asleep, glancing over at the windows, the sun starting to set now.

I made my way towards my bedroom, passing Louis's room, where I heard soft music playing. Ignoring it I decided to finish unpacking.

I was at my last box to see it was slightly open. I peered inside it to see it was unorganized and it looked like someone had gone through it without bothering to fix it afterwards.

I ruffled through the items before I realized what box it was. Taking a look at the side, seeing a name plastered on it. Dylan.

I sat down, staring at the box, confused as to what to do with it. I know I shouldn't keep it. It'd be too unhealthy for myself.

After some thinking I decided on what to do.

I grabbed a piece of paper and a pen, sitting at the edge of my bed. I used to write letters to Dylan during our relationship, though he never wrote any back as he thought it was lame. This time this will be my last letter.

Dylan,
You were nothing but a lesson to me. I now realize that I should never lower my standards for someone, let alone a boy. I'll never call you a man because what you did to me during and after a relationship is not what a man does. That is what a stupid, low life boy does. You do not deserve any ounce of love from anyone in this world. You've done nothing but hurt me when I did nothing but love you. Even when you didn't deserve it most, I loved you. And trust me on this, I'll never love you again and I hope no one will either. I wished you realize how much pain you've caused me. And I hope karma will return to you like a b!tch.
with hatred,
ami

I quickly signed the paper, and putting it into the box, along with any memoir I had of him. I grabbed a jacket and left the room with the box on my side.

My clumsiness being on my side today, I slammed half of my body against the door frame as I was leaving the room. "Ouch you fucking-" I spat out before I heard Louis's music stop. Oh fuck, I froze like a deer in headlights, hoping he wouldn't open his door.

When his music started up again, but at a lower volume, I quietly snuck out of the apartment. Taking a deep breath when I successfully made it out without being caught.

I made my way up to the roof where I knew there'd be some outdoor furniture. Including stone fire pits.

I was going to burn Dylan's stuff.

I first started with some of his favorite shirts I never bothered giving back. Moving onto sweaters and hoodies, still smelling like him. I made an ick noise when the fire also burnt the scent out of them. I continued to burn the pictures and the pointless notes he wrote me. Looking back, it really did seem like I was the only one in the relationship, I was the one putting in the effort. I should've left when I saw the red flags. I guess I'm colorblind if I didn't see them.

Lastly, I took out the letter I had just written. After rereading it, I threw it into the fire. A feeling of comfort came over me as I watched it burn.

I thought of a quote from a book that really stood out to me while I was still in London, fresh out of the break up with Dylan. "Sometimes I think about you and my heart breaks again. Even now, even still." I said aloud to no one in particular. I crossed my arms as the breeze became stronger and the heat from the flames weren't warm enough.

I heard a crack behind me, I turned around in fear, thinking it was him. Except it wasn't, it was Louis.

"How long have you been standing there?" I yelled at him. He stood there. "I've been here since you said that quote...you still miss him?"

I turned back around facing the fire, not bothering to answer his question. I felt him come closer and out of the corner of my eye, I saw him appear at my side. I walked farther away from him.

"You can't run off like that, not without telling one of us." I scoffed at him. "Like you care." I mumbled under my breath. This dude blamed me for getting beaten up by Dylan and he ignored me out of hatred this whole day. Yeah definitely shows he cares.

I felt his eyes look at me from across the fire. "Ami of course I care about you." He whispered softly. That only infuriated me.

I took a step towards him. "Oh so now you care about me?" I pointed a finger at his surprised face. "Did you care about me when you yelled at me basically blaming me for taking abuse from him? Did you care about me when you ignored me this entire day out of annoyance just because I put you in your place yesterday by slapping you?" I stepped closer and closer as he stepped back, away from me. I lowered my voice, "If that's how you show you care about me Louis, then I'm better off without it."

With that, I walked away. Leaving a stunned Louis on the rooftop. And all the memoirs and pain of Dylan burning away into the breeze.

A/N

Louis still being a b!tch ugh

don't forget to share and vote

- jules