Chapter 40

"I just don't understand the point of thanksgiving like...what is it? A holiday to eat and get fat?" I turned around to see Willie ruffling his hair as he came out of the hallway.

I was busy doing wraps for the lumpia I was going to cook for our thanksgiving dinner. Mrs. Williams and Jo in front of me trying to figure out how to cook a turkey with Alex next to them searching recipes up, while Mr. Williams sat on the living room table sipping his coffee and reading the newspaper.

Willie sat next to me, staring as I wrapped vegetables and pork into a thin line. "What are you doing? Where's Timmy?" He questioned.

"I'm making lumpia, Timmy is out having thanksgiving breakfast with his family, he said he'll be back soon." I said, putting a neatly wrapped lumpia into a container.

Willie reached out to grab one, "Do you need help?" I slapped his hand away before sternly saying no.

He put his hands up in defense as he back away. "Okay cranky pants."

"Miss Ami here doesn't like anyone else doing her lumpia, it's her thing." Mr. Williams cried out as Louis walked out of his room in his pjs.

As he scanned the room, his eyes lit up at the sight of me wrapping a familiar food. "Holy shit is that my favorite lumpia?" He said before jogging next to me, his arms around me as he hugged me from behind.

"Language." Alex and Jo said in a Captain America like voice.

I shrugged his arms off of me, "Yes, yes now let me go so I can do it."

He let go then walked away to wash his hands, "Can I help? Can I help?" He said in a happy voice.

"She doesn't want your help, I tried." Willie said from his place on the couch. He came next to me, staring at me with a pouty face.

"Don't even try that with me Lou, you and Willie go change and then run to the store to get some last minute ingredients." They both groaned, proceeding to walk towards their rooms, hopefully to change.

"Ami really knows how to take charge huh?" Mrs. Williams said as her and Jo put the turkey into the oven.

"Wonder where she gets it from." Mr. Williams said as he planted a kiss on his wife's lips.

Laughter erupted from the room.

Time Skip :

I sprayed some peach perfume on me as I brushed my hair before going out into the room filled with a yummy scent.

Timmy had already arrived at the apartment when I came out, the boys dressed up pretty nicely.

"Happy Thanksgiving Kuya" I said, giving him a side hug. "Happy Thanksgiving Ami." He said planting a kiss on my forehead.

"Happy Thanksgiving everyone!" I yelled out as everyone cheered. I hugged everyone as I made my way towards the kitchen to check on my lumpia. Only to see Louis staring guilty at me, a half eaten lumpia in his mouth, another one in his hand.

"Really Lou? You couldn't wait?" I said, snatching the plate of lumpia away from him. "No more for you until we sit down at the table."

He pouted as he grabbed my hand, leading me towards the couch where the boys sat. Louis sat at my feet, as his head was in between my knees facing the tv. I began to play with his hair.

"Turkey will be done in 30 minutes!" Jo cried out from the kitchen.

I was combing through Louis hair, his hands at my wrist, playing with the bracelet. The one he made. I eyed the one at his wrist, the one that read "Darling" on it. I tugged on a strand of his hair, causing him to wince in slight pain as I laughed at him. He started to tickle the insides of my thighs as it was exposed since I wore a dress.

"Lou stop it, that tickles!" I said, feeling the attention I had gathered from the rest in the room.

Louis continued to tickle me as I giggled, trying to get him to stop. "Well darling, you shouldn't have pulled on my hair."

Then I heard Timmy and Willie mock us in a baby like voice. Louis and I glared at them.

"You guys suck." Louis said, his hand now at my ankles.

"Not their fault you guys are acting like a couple." Alex said taking a sip of his beer. "No joke you guys look like a total couple right now, you have been acting like one for a while now."

I felt heat take over my body as cold hands cover my cheeks. I looked down to see a blushed face Louis staring up at me, his hands holding my cheeks. I smiled at him, placing my hands at his.

"Shut up Alex." I said, my hands still playing with Louis's face.

Louis started to get touchy with me all night, flirty like. He played with the hem of my dress, my hair, the bracelet on my wrist. He hugged me from behind as I tried to fix dinner on the table, getting everything in place.

Even during prayers, he held my hand, still held on after prayers.

When we sat at the table, before grabbing food, we decided to say what were thankful for. Willie and Timmy on my sides as Louis was sitting across from me, he kept kicking my legs under the table.

"Well I'm thankful for being here surrounded by people I've grown to love over the past few months and to be able to be in a film with some of my best friends." I said, smiling at the people around me.

When it was Louis's turn, he kept his eyes on me the entire time, smiling. "I'm thankful to be eating the food on this table, especially the lumpia which I'll be grabbing first so everyone knows and is aware." Laughter came from everyone around the table. "And I'm thankful to be with everyone and my best friend Ami here." He said, I felt a kick from under the table.

Willie and Timmy next to me both gasped, a hand at their heart. "Well ow Louis, Timmy and I both feel the love." Willie said, pretending to be hurt.

Everyone laughed as we dug into the food. I stayed back, smiling at everyone's faces, grabbing food, thankful to be in a happy environment with the people I adore. I stared at everyone's faces, saving the best for last, I looked up across the table to see they were already grinning at me. I smiled back before taking a bite of my food.

A/N

again, a filler chapter that I thought was good since we just passed thanksgiving lol. wrote this during my AVID class hehe :P hope you guys are having a great day !

questions -

- jules