CHAPTER 41

FLASHBACK:

"Jimin, pls drink or eat something atleast" a very tired Yoongi was trying to persuade Jimin who hadn't eaten nor drunk anything for a month since the incident happened. "Hyung..." Jimin called out, his voice feeble and shaky, "Tae.. Taehyungie..." he said his eyes yet again full of tears. Yoongi sighed and thought for a moment contemplating whether he should tell Jimin the truth or not. It's not like Yoongi liked lying to Jimin, he just didn't want to see Jimin ruining himself which he already was doing, he wasn't sure if Jimin could take the harsh truth yet he had the right to know and he should know, the truth could not be kept from him for too long. Yoongi took a deep breath and placed his hands on Jimin's shoulder, Jimin looked at Yoongi through his glassy eyes and pleaded him, "Jimin ah, I'm sorry" he said and caressed Jimin's cheeks, looked at his confused soft expression before continuing, "I'm sorry for lying to you all these days, I just didn't want to hurt you anymore than you already are.." he said his voice shaky as a lone tear escaped Jimin's eye and rolled down his cheeks, he looked at Yoongi as he wiped his tears and stared into his glassy eyes for a minute before removing his hands from his face as he sat down on the bed and placed his hand over Jimin's knee as he continued, "Taehyung... he's dead.. we lied" he said facing forward not able to look into Jimin's eyes, "You.. are lying.." Jimin said not able to believe his ears, "TAEHYUNGIE CANT BE DEAD WHAT DO YOU MEAN" he yelled out while tears were streaming down his face, "He's still alive right? You guys are joking right?" "RIGHT?" he yelled again "Jimin ah" Yoongi said in a low voice before moving forward to embrace Jimin in a hug as Jimin slowly started to cry more on his shoulder while Yoongi kept stroking his back in a comforting manner. The elder one sighed and looked out of the window to see the black clouds pouring down mercilessly for a long time now as Jimin fell asleep probably tired from all the crying. He tucked Jimin to bed and kissed his forehead before exiting the room. "Taehyungie..." he muttered in his sleep lost in the dream world of his where Taehyung exists.

-🥀-

"Taehyungie" Jimin muttered inaudibly but Yoongi caught it. He took small steps towards Jimin and sat down beside him on his bed and caressed his face with a small smile playing on his lips. "Sleep well Jimin ah, he's always there with you in your heart" he said and patted his head and stood up to leave.

-🥀-

"I mean... this was bound to happen someday, I don't know why you are making such a big fuss" he said nonchalantly while eating his apple and watching Rosé walk across the room for the umpteenth time, "Do you think walking around like this is gonna give your dumb brain any idea?" he asked her, "THEN WHAT THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?" she yelled at him in annoyance, "Calm down for fucks sake woman" he said and rolled his eyes at her which went unnoticed by her. "I have my suspicions" she said suddenly which got his attention, he raised his brow as he asked her, "what is it?" She stared at him intently for a second before continuing, "I think someone heard our conversation the other day.. about me wanting to kill Y/n.." she said and his eyes grew wide in realisation and fear that someone must have recognised his voice, "What do you mean?" he asked her his eyes wide round in alert, as a shiver went down his spine "I don't think it was anyone among them.. so don't worry, I think it's a girl" she said sounding sure, and relief washed over Taehyung a bit as he relaxed in his seat, "Who do you think is that girl? And what might be her motive?" he asked sounding serious and rosé just shrugged her shoulders in return, "Not sure" she replied. Suddenly an idea came to her mind and she smirked to herself and turned around to face Taehyung who looked at her with narrowed eyes, "What?" he asked sounding annoyed, "Taehyung.. remember you said you will pay me back for saving your life back then?" she asked him, "Yes but if you are trying to get someone murdered, I'm not the person you are looking for" he said and got up to leave, "Taehyung please wait, atleast listen to me once" she said holding onto his sleeves to not let him go. He spared a glance at her for a moment and then sat back down with a sigh after a few moments, "This better be worth the time I'm wasting with you" he said and she smirked, "It sure will be" she replied with a low voice.

"When the did I fall asleep?" Jimin asked himself confused as he got out of his bed to get ready for work, "it's refreshing to fall asleep once in a while though" he said to himself as he was getting ready for work. "Oh hyung! You are already here?" Jimin asked surprised to see Yoongi here, "Yes.. am I early?" he asked Jimin and he shook his head in response, "Hyung have you been resting well? You don't look so well.." he trailed off looking at Yoongi's tired face, "I'm okay Jimin ah, let's go we are getting late" he said and pulled Jimin out of his room, "This is not fair hyung, you always tell me to rest and take care of me so well but you don't let me do the same to you" he said sounding sad, "Jimin ah, it's not like that, I'm okay I don't need rest" Yoongi assured Jimin. He opened his mouth to say something but closed it again. They entered the office and took their seats and started their work as usual.

"Now is the time"

________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/n:
First of all sorry for updating after a month and THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 16k LOVELIES😭😭❤️ I'm so happy that my book is actually getting reads, like wow this is amazing. I hope you all are safe and doing well, ily💗