[49]

"Ooooo the lovebirds are finally back

"Ooooo the lovebirds are finally back." Jaemin declared cheekily, having been the first one that noticed the two coming through the door.

"Just now? It's so dark outside!" Taeyong, who managed to hear Jaemin's announcement, whined as he left his room.

"We're adults and it's not even that late." Soomin rolled her eyes as she put down the many shopping bags she had in hand, but it was obvious that she was in a good mood. And so was Donghyuck beside her, as his usual angry frown was nowhere in sight.

"Guys just leave them alone, they probably don't wanna talk about it." Chenle exclaimed, but his teasing tone and wiggling eyebrows clearly hinted that he also shipped them quite a lot. Soomin threw up her fist in a threatening manner.

"Anyways good that you're here, we need some more people to play 'Among us' with us." Jeno informed cheerfully, and only then did the new arrivals notice that all of the younger members were seated around the living room with their phones out. 

"Ooh, yeah, sure." Soomin began getting excited, dropping everything she had and running over. She went over to Sicheng, who gladly borrowed her his phone, where she downloaded the game.

"Nice, now there's 7 of us." Jisung exclaimed. "2 impostors."

Donghyuck felt a little awkward whilst going into the living room, looking at all of his friends being extremely excited about something he had no idea about. 

Although he sometimes hung out with them, he would often their attempts to get him to play reject games with them and instead went to his cave that he called his room and wouldn't come out for hours. For the last 2 years, he wouldn't let himself enjoy anything, including a nice and fun friendship.

And he would've kept it that way. If the events of today has happened.

'I wanna be happy.' 
Resonated through his mind, bouncing off of the walls of his brain to keep the thought inside of it. Something in his heart really pulled him in the direction of his friends, in the direction of her.

That's why everyone was shocked when his hand awkwardly made its way to scratch the nape of his neck, his deep and barely ever used voice sounding small and uncomfortable. "What is 'among us'?"

The whole audience in the room turned to him as if he had announced that he's getting married, the shock radiating off of their widened eyes and parted lips. 

"Donghyuck ... do you feel sick? Does your head hurt?" Mark immediately began asking in a worried tone.

"No, I'm fine." Donghyuck's brows furrowed in confusion.

"I think he's finally going crazy." Renjun exclaimed as he turned towards Jaemin.

"I just wanted to-" Donghyuck muttered out, but stopped and let out a loud scoff. "Okay, fine, whatever, since you don't want me to pla-"