C H A P T E R F O R T Y - O N E.

Get The Tissues Ready 😢🤧

Y/n Pov.

Two Weeks.

I sighed looking at all the paperwork I had on my desk. The Easter holidays were one of our busiest seasons and people always wanted their houses done up so of course, they had to get the best business they could think of to do it.

I sat back in my chair and grabbed my beer I had on my desk and downed the rest of its contents. These past two weeks have been stressful but also weird. I couldn't describe it any more. 

I know I'm an overthinker and I think about things and situations more than I should but I knew something was off about Jelena and I. I had this sick and unsettling feeling in my gut and it was never wrong.

Ever.

I grabbed my phone and decided on texting her since I knew she was also busy with work and working on her holiday line that would drop soon. 

Y/n. 

Hey beautiful, how's work going?

Jelena ♥

Hey. It's been stressful, there's a lot to do and very little time to do so...

Y/n.

I'm sorry. I'm getting off work a little late tonight so I was thinking I could just drop by your place and stay over? And then I could take you out to breakfast in the morning since we haven't spent much time together and I'm feeling guilty ☹

[Seen: 18:45]

I sighed and shook my head. There she goes again, ignoring me. Our conversations have been like this over the past two weeks, I text, she responds for a little and leaves me on seen whenever I make the effort to see her. 

She's been so busy these days that I haven't even gotten to see her and spend alone time with her. The only time I get to see her these days is when it's involving wedding planning with our parents which were tiring and boring.

Even then, she would stay close to Bella and leave as soon as we're done.

I asked Bella if I had done something wrong but she just told me that Jelena was stressed and moody. 

I stared at the text I sent and felt my emotions get the better of me. I was upset, I was miserable. I missed her and it takes a lot for me to admit something like that to anyone let alone myself. Whenever it came to Jelena, I allowed myself to feel things I warned myself not to feel.

But I was willing to bend the rules for her.

I'd do anything for her.

I shook my head and got back to doing the work I had to get finished by tomorrow. An hour or so must've passed and I stood up and stretched my limbs. I was finally done and I couldn't wait to go home. I heard my phone go off and grabbed it seeing that it was one of our business partners.

Y/n: "Eric? Hey...." I greeted wondering why he was calling me.

"Ah, if it isn't my favorite Y/l/n," I chuckled and sat back down on my chair gathering the paperwork.

Y/n: "It's good to know I'm your favorite. How can I help you?" I put the phone on speaker and cleaned up my desk.

"I'm having drinks with some friends of mine and I brought you up because well, they have some plans and need a good architect so I recommended you. We're meeting at the bar near your place. Come and drop by," I thought about it and shrugged.