Cyrus' Spooktacular Scheme

Happy late Halloween everyone! This was originally meant to help you celebrate without going trick-or-treating or to parties (you know, since we're in a pandemic), but it took way too long and now it's not even Halloween anymore lol. Hope you enjoy this Tyrus Halloween fic that I came up with on the spot. It's sort of a mix between a bunch of different tropes but not something I've ever seen or read all together as one, so I hope you find it unique enough. Onto the story!

P.S. Cyrus is secretly really good with computers in this. Also despite how it may seem, TJ isn't depressed, he just doesn't really think very highly of himself.

(🚨SPOILER ALERT 🚨) ⚠️trigger warning⚠️:
pretend-dead person
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
•••

It's a partly cloudy Thursday, exactly a week before Halloween, and the bell rings to signal the end of third period. Students shuffle to get their things together and leave to go to lunch. Upon arriving at his locker, TJ delays unlocking it and instead flips open his binder to see his schedule. Immediately, he notices a small piece of paper flutter down from inside the pages.

Cyrus discreetly watches from a distance, hidden behind a corner, as TJ picks it up and unfolds it.

The typed note reads, TJ: your light shines brighter than a star. The blond is instantly and utterly confused.

He opens his locker and stuffs his binder inside, along with shoving the mysterious note into his backpack. Unable to push the confused look off his face, he heads to the cafeteria.

~

A few months earlier...

"Ugh! I lost again?" Cyrus shouted in frustration at the TV, as his best friend chuckled in the background.

Smirking, TJ quipped, "maybe you wouldn't lose if you didn't jump at every little sound you're not expecting."

"Oh, come on! You did that on purpose!"

"Did I?"

Cyrus put down the remote and turned to him. "Of course you did. You know I scare easily and you always just abuse that fact!"

"Not my fault, I can't help it. It's just so-" He cut himself off, thinking, cute, but finished off with, "entertaining."

Cyrus stuck out his tongue and set up his next video game round, saying, "bet you wouldn't like if I scared you."

"See, that's the thing," TJ countered, propping his head up on his hand, "I don't get scared."

"What do you mean you don't get scared? Everyone does."

"I don't," the basketball player stated simply. "Never have, never will."

"How can you be so sure?" Cyrus inquired.

"Let's just say that if someone actually, miraculously managed to scare me, I'd do them any favour. That's how impressive it would be," TJ told him.

Interesting, Cyrus thought to himself.

"That's a shame, then."

"Why's it a shame?"

"I mean, I just feel bad for all the people who've undoubtedly tried to scare you throughout your life, only to fail," Cyrus explained.