Chapter Three

Irritation

Vince

"Are you okay there? Your meds? Are you still thinking about the child?" I asked immediately when she picked up her phone.

I slouched at my shivel chair and played with my lips as I waited for her answer.

At first she laughed at my question until she sighed. "Tsk, hinay hinay ka lang sa pagtatanong... well, I'm fine now,"

"Are you sure? Just call me if you're not feeling okay, hmm? Lilipad talaga ako diyan." well, I mean it.

She's my Vien. The one and only woman in my life. She's in Canada for almost four years now.

She once again sighed. I sighed also, nakakahawa ang lungkot niya. "Siyempre, napapanaginipan ko pa rin, pero medyo umaayos na ako. Nakakatulong ang psychiatrist na 'yon."

Lumalam ang mga mata ko at pagod na napatingin sa labas ng bintana where the view are the tall buildings.

"Everyday I'm missing you, Vien--"

My sentence was cut when someone knocked on my door. The door opened and the woman named Pauline came in, Pauline, right?-- who's holding a pale of water and a mop.

"S-Sir, maglilinis lang po." she wasn't looking at me.

She's really familiar, I don't know where I saw her before.

"Hoy, sino 'yon?!" I looked away when I heard Vien's voice.

"Nothing, just a janitress." I chuckled.

Pauline looked at me before turning to the table and started wiping it.

"Ba't ang lambing ng boses?" I could imagine her frowning and narrowing her eyes on me.

"Seriously, Vien? Are you jealous? Don't worry, you're the one I'll be marrying." nakangising sabi ko at 'di sinasadyang napatingin kay Pauline.

She wasn't looking at me. Tsk, why am I looking at her.

She's just nothing.

"Tukmol! Bahala ka na diyan. Bye na, kausapin mo yang janitress mo." she laughed so I smiled as if she'll be seeing me. Damn I'm so inlove with her.

"Tsk, okay, bye. I love you." malambing na litanya ko. She laughed and didn't take my words seriously.

"Yucks!" she shouted before ending the call.

One day, Vien, you'll be mine. Fully.

I smiled and looked at the woman who's now mopping the floor.

I wonder how old is she. She literally looks 18.

I don't know why whenever I see her I get nervous and it irritates me.

She glanced at me and her eyes widened when she saw me looking at her.

She even accidentally spilled the dirty water from the pale on the floor. Her eyes grew bigger and immediately cleaned it.

I didn't react, I was just staring at her panicking.

Sa sobrang pagkataranta niya ay natabig niya ang picture ni Vien.

The glass frame broke and the photo got wet with the dirty water.

Irritation filled me and walked towards her.

"What the fuck?!" I shouted at her.

I saw her gulped and looked down.

"H-Hala, sorry po," lumuhod siya para pulutin ang mga bubog.

Mas lalo akong nairita sa kaniya.

I looked up and closed my eyes as I massage the bridge of my nose.