Chapter Nine

Vince's POV

"What are your plans on her?" I sighed as I heard Geo's question.

"Dump her? Well, I got what I want already" I placed the folder I'm reading at the table as I shrugged.

"And here I thought you're a one woman man." I rolled my eyes at him.

I stared at the window where the garden is.

Nakakairita ang pagmumukha niya.

"Of course I am" I said without looking at him.

"Really?" even if I'm not looking I can still see him smirking.

"Fuck you, Geo" I faced him and rolled my eyes as I sip on my coffee.

"Eww" he laughed and continued talking "By the way, won't you change your mind and get Pauline back?" he smiled playfully, it was obviously his way to annoy me.

"Why would I get her back? She wasn't mine" I just answered.

"I mean in your company, hindi mo siya pababalikin?" tanong niya ulit.

Well, as far as I know she wanted to go. I didn't force her.

"Geo, she wanted to resign, who am I refuse her wants?" I just said and started thinking.

"But you were the one being mean to her, you took her job just because she wanted a freaking day-off?" sinamaan niya ako ng tingin, what?!

"Well, at first I was just testing her, but you see, if she really loves her job, she would choose the latter, which is to stay, right?" I sighed, am I a bad boss? Well, that wasn't the reason.

"Bobo, siyempre mas pipiliin niya ang pamilya niya" I leaned at the backrest of the couch and smirked.

"You mean her husband?"

"W-what the fuck?" kita ang pagkagulat sa mukha niya. Pati naman ako ay nagulat roon, she really looked like 18 years old.

"She has a husband, Geo" I cleared.

"Gagi, bakit single ang nando'n sa resume niya?" he was confused and looked at the ceiling while holding his chin.

"I-I don't know" I just shrugged, that woman is really mysterious, huh?

"Wait, where did you get that info?" tumaas ang kilay niya sa akin, mukhang hindi pa talaga naniniwala.

Maganda naman si Pauline ah, hindi naman imposibleng magkaroon na siya ng asawa.

"Mahal na mahal kita, Xy. Gusto na kitang makita" she stopped talking, it was like she's listening to the other line "Alam ko, gusto ko lang naman iyon." her voice was painful. I heard she ended the call and laid on her bed. "Xyphere..." The last word she said before I walked out from her door.

"And his name is Xyphere" I sighed, ang pangit naman ng pangalan.

"Ah, I get it, kaya hindi mo siya pina day-off ay dahil ayaw mong umuwi siya sa asawa niya?" He smirked, I scoffed and tried to defend myself but he just laughed and started to annoy me again.

"I didn't know you were the jealous type, Vincent Kleive" he let out a playful smile.

"What the fuck? Why would I be jealous?"sinamaan ko siya ng tingin para sana manahimik na siya pero tumawa pa talaga ang gago.

"You should be the one answering that" I just rolled my eyes at him kaya naman he laughed once again. Paano ko ba kasi ito naging kaibigan. "Oh, before I forgot, Blake invited us to his house. Alam mo na, broken e" I just nodded, hmm, I wonder what happened in Dubai. "And oh, one more thing, you know Ivan Santos, right?" he asked. I nodded.