Night Of The Comet - 2

When I got home, Matt was still at the hospital with Vicki. Which meant I had the house to myself for a couple of hours. I changed into a pair of blue jeans, a pink top along with a creamy jacket and a pair of leather brown boots.

I put my golden locket on, taking a second to open it up. This locket belonged to my mother, inside was a picture of her.

She was young when she died, 31. And in the next slot, there was a picture of me, I had to have been 1 in the photo. Smiling with my tongue sticking out with a small patch of blonde hair on my head.

I smile at the photo and put it on. After a quick look in the mirror I head for the living room. I smile when I hear the door open.

"Hey!" I greet Matt as he takes off his jacket and puts it on the rack. "How's Vicki?" I ask him as I grab my scarf off the coat rack and wrap it around my self.

"She's fine, she's getting out tomorrow" I smile glad, "That's great" Matt looks me up and down.

"Where are you going?" He asks confused as to why I'm dressed up. I look down at myself, "I'm going to Zach's for dinner" I explain grabbing his keys.

"Wanna come?" I prod, Matt never liked going over to Zach's place for dinner. Vicki on the other hand was an entirely different story. She joked and called me Ariel Salvatore.

"No thanks" I give him a half smile and kiss his cheek, I have a feeling I know why he doesn't want to go. "I'll be back in a few!" I yell at him as I rush out the house.

"Hi" Stefan greets when he opens the door

"Hi" Stefan greets when he opens the door. I smile brightly, he changed his hair. It was more cuter that way anyway.  "Hi" I greet back. Stefan opens the door wider.

"Come in"

The inside of the house smelled like if someone had cooked for a look time. I sniff the air in search of clues. Mh, pasta.

"Hey Zach" I say hugging him. "Hey Sunshine, dinner is served"

I groan in pleasure when I put the pasta in my mouth. "God Zach this is amazing!" I exclaim as I eat.

Stefan chuckled. Zach waves a hand towards him, "Actually Stefan helped" I look up in surprise.

"You're a chef. Thank god, now the food will taste more edible" Stefan smiles and Zach frowns.

"Thank you, it's just something I picked up" I nod and dig back into the pasta.

I swear to you, I have never tasted something this good.

"So, Stefan" I pause to get my glass.

"How long are you gonna be staying"  Zach and Stefan exchange glances like if Zach would like to know as well. 

"The plan is till college" I nod. "That's great"

  "Uh Ariel, why didn't you invite Matt?" Zach asks, changing the subject. "Matt doesn't like to intrude, I promised him leftovers anyway"

"Hello Family!" Shouts a male voice from somewhere inside the house. Stefan and Zach both tense up.

I look towards the direction of the stair case and see a man descending, he's tall, old, not to old, maybe 20 or something years old. At least 6 feet tall with a Black/Brown hair and blue eyes.

Something tells me he's a real ladies man.

"Ah" He says almost like her recognized me. He probably saw me in some photos around the boarding house.

"You must be Ariel" He says extending a hand. "I'm Damon, Damon Salvatore"

I shake his hand and smile, "Ariel Donovan"

He smiles and pulls back a chair next to Stefan. "Why didn't you guys tell me we had company" Hs says hurt.

Zach tries to compose himself, "I didn't know you'd be home"

Stefan narrows his eyes at Damon. "Ariel, this is my brother"

I nod in realization. "So Ariel, do you have any siblings?" Damon asks. I nod at him. "Two"

"Well then you must know that feeling you get when they betray you, and that amazing feeling you get when you get your revenge" My mouth hangs open trying to come up with words.

Damon smiles pleased and stands up. "Well I don't know about you but I'm beat" He says enthusiastic.

He looks over at me once more "Nice to meet you Ariel"

I nod slightly.
"You two" I lie. Damon looks over at Zach and Stefan. "Zach, Stefan" He says almost coldly before leaving.

...............

"I am truly sorry about my brother" Stefan says as he walks me out. I cup my hands in front of me, "No love lost between the two of you huh?" I say as a joke.

Stefan chuckles, "Nope" I smile at him.

"Don't worry, I'm sure you'll work things out" Stefan doesn't look all to convinced.

"In the mean time I'd watch your back"