Unpleasentville - 2

I wasn't planning on going to the decade dance But when Stefan called saying Elena was attacked at her house me and Damon rushed to her place.

Elena sat on the couch next to Stefan, I stood in front of them as Damon paced the room. "How'd he get in?" He asks. "He was invited in'' Elena breaths out. "He posed as a pizza delivery guy last night" Stefan explains.

"Well he gets points for that" Damon mutters. "Did he say what he wanted?" I ask. "No. He was too busy trying to kill me"

"And you have no idea who this is?" Stefan asks Damon. "No" Stefan raises an eyebrow not convinced. "Don't look at me like that. I told you we had company" Damon said. "You think there's more then one?" Elena asks.

"We don't know" Damon admits. I looked at him, "Damon, he was invited in" I say emphasizing my words. "Then we get him tonight. You up for it?" Damon asks Elena.

"What do I have to do?" Elena asks. "Let your boyfriend take you to the dance, we'll see who shows up" Damon explains. "That's a bad idea" Stefan says with a frown.

I look at Stefan and cross my arms "As much as I hate to agree with him, and you know I do. he's right. Stefan this house isn't safe, for anyone living in it"

"It's worth a shot" Damon says. "I'll do it" Elena says sitting up straight. "I'll be with the two of you. I'll be safe" Elena says putting her hand in Stefans.

Before we leave Elena tries with what she has to make me look like a person from the 50's. I wear a white shirt with a black jacket, jeans, a blue bandanna around my neck. best we could do in 5.

When we get to the school Elena holds on to Stefan. We all walk side by side. I'm next to Damon, my eyes scanning the crowds. I'm just as alert.

I stay with Elena while the guys canvased the area. We do manage to catch up to Bonnie and Caroline. Caroline looks like a house mom and Bonnie like a beach person. "Having fun?" I ask when they approached.

"No, but this took about 2 hours, so I'm at least staying half of that" Caroline exclaims. Bonnie's eyes trail past us, "What's Damon doing here?" She asks. I turned to see Damon with Stefan, they were looking for the vampire.

"He wanted to come, I promise he'll behave" I assure even though that's the second time today I don't believe my own words. "What is this like, a threesome now, you and the Salvatore brothers?" Caroline directs to Elena.

"No but if I'm gonna be with Stefan, then I have to learn to tolerate Damon'' Elena explains. "It's not like I can kill him" Elena jokes. Maybe, but I wish.

"Now there's a thought" Bonnie comments raising her glass.

"Mm, I'll help'' Caroline adds.

~

"Where did they go?" I ask as me, Elena and Stefan approach Damon, who was just talking to Bonnie and Caroline when they stormed away.

"I don't know," He says. "What'd you say to them?" Stefan asks. "I was perfectly polite" Damon responds before looking at Elena. "Elena, would you like to dance?" Elena smirks at him.

"I would love to" Damon grins at Stefan like he's won. "May I have this dance?" Elena asks Stefan with a smile. Damon's smile is immediately whipped off his face. Stefan smiles and links arms with Elena as they go to the dance floor. I look at Damon and grin.

"Jealous much?" He rolls his eyes and extends a hand "Do you wanna dance?" He asks with a grin. I tilt my head up and tap my chin in thought. "Sure, why not?" I say as I take his hand. He only smirks as he leads me to the dance floor. I wrap my arms around his neck and he
puts his hands on my waist.

"Alright so considering where on a new page, what's your story?" He asks. I sigh "Mom died when I was a kid, vampire, never met my father, I've been living with the Donovan's for years" I mumbled. "That's really about it" I say as he spins me around.

"Now, what about you? What are you doing back in mystic falls?" He shrugs. "Business" He replies. I roll my eyes "right". We dance for a while before he goes back to keeping an eye out.

I go to the fruit punch and call Matt asking him how his shift was going. I'd much rather be there. Out of the corner of my eye I see Damon with Alaric, when he leaves I approached him. "You met Mr.Saltzman? He's a much better history teacher then Tanner ever was" I say as I stand next to him.

"Unfortunately. He asked way too many questions" Damon grumbles. "Well he is a history teacher" I say, offering an explanation. He shrugs and then grabs my arm pulling me to the dance floor.

"I'm bored" He says as he grabs my waist with one hand and my hand with the other. "What are you doing?" I question as he stretches our hands out. "Dancing" he replies as he walks us off in the other direction. I laugh. Our fun is short-lived when Stefan finds us.

"Where's Elena?" He asks worried. I frown and part from Damon. "I thought she was with you.." Both brothers suddenly realize what's happening and Stefan runs off. Damon grabs my arm and drags me along. We run to the cafeteria where Elena is trying to fight off the vampire.

When the vampire tries biting her Stefan throws him off, and he lands on the other side of the cafeteria Damon and I stand. "Hey, dickhead" Damon barks out. Damon holds the piece of wood the vampire threw from Elena's hand early, over his shoulder.

"Nobody wants to kill you. Just wanna talk" Damon says to him. The vampire ignores him and lunges for Elena again. Damon threw the stick at Stefan who caught it and plunged it into the vampire as soon as he landed on his feet. I stand beside Elena as the brothers do their interrogation.

"Why are you doing this?" Stefan asks him, one hand on the stake and the other on his shoulder. "Because it's fun" The vampire responds, earning him pain as Stefan pushes the stake deeper.

"What do you want with Elena?" Stefan asks. "She looks like Katherine'' At this the brothers exchange glances. "You knew Katherine'' Damon asks, arms crossed.

"Oh, you thought you were the only ones. You don't even remember me" The vampire says, mockingly "Tell me how to get in the tomb. Hmm?" Damon says crouching down. "No" Stefan grabs him and pushes the stake a little more.

"The grimoire"

"Where is it?" Stefan hisses. When the vamp says nothing it earns with another push on the stake, Elena can't take it no more and turns away. "The journal. The journal Jonathan Gilbert's journal" The vampire lets out. Damon stands, almost happy.

"Who else is working with you?" Stefan asks. "No. You're gonna have to kill me" The vampire spits out. Stefan rips the stake out of his chest only to plunge it back in. The vampire makes a gurgling sound as he dies.

I should be shocked, disgusted or absolutely terrified, but I'm not. "What do we- how are you gonna find the others now?" Elena stammers. "He had to die" Me and Damon say in unison.

"But.."

"Elena, he's been invited in" Stefan says, there's a sound from outside and a shadow is at the window before the person rushes off. "Go, I got this" Stefan says and Damon rushes off.

"Ariel, we need to talk," Stefan says as he walks me to my front porch.

"About?"

"Damon. Look I told him I would help him open the tomb, but it's a lie. He can't open it, ''he says. I nod.

"I know you've developed a bond with him, but I need your help"

I wouldn't say bond.

I sigh and nod.

"I'll do it"