Bloodlines - 3

He dragged me away, and I struggled under his grip, trying to scream. He took me to some sort of warehouse, and put me on the stairs, and tied my hand to the bars.

"Why are you doing this?" I demanded, what the hell did he even want with me.  He sighs and runs a hand through his hair.

"My deal isn't with you, it's with him" I frown and work the gears in my head.

"Damon?" I ask. He doesn't say anything, his silence is the answer. Eventually he leaves, goes to hide or something.

When he leaves I slip the dagger I keep in my shoes out. With a grunt I start cutting away at the rope. When I'm free I turn and see Damon walking towards me, Elena not far behind.

"Damon No!" I yell just as the vampire comes out and hits him in the legs with a stake, making him fall. He hits him over and over again, Elena backs up and runs to me.

I run down the stairs just as the vampire dumps lighter fluid all over Damon. "No!" I yell, making him look at me.

Elena watches with fear when she sees his fangs. "Who are you?" Damon asks, his voice strained.

"That's perfect. You have no idea" The vampire replies. "What are you talking about? What did he do?" Elena yells.

He turns towards us. "He killed my girlfriend" He says, turning back around to dump more lighter fluid on Damon. I work the gears in my head.

"What did she do to you huh? What did she do to you?!" He yells in anger at Damon.

"I don't understand," Elena calls out. "My girlfriend went to visit Stefan, and Damon killed her, got it?" The pieces suddenly click. "Lexi?" I breathe out.

"Lexi was your girlfriend?" I look at Elena with a pang of sadness.

"She told me about you. She said that you were human" Elena said, He turns to us, his eyes filled with tears. "I was," He said. He turned around and pulled out a lighter

. I continue the questions, if only to stall. "Lexi turned you?"

"You want to be with someone forever, you have to live forever" Damon struggles to sit up, he doesn't get the chance because the vampire kicked him, knocking him down.

Elena speaks up, "She loved you. She said that 'When it's real. You can't walk away'"

"Well that's a choice you're not going to have to make" He shoots back. He turns to Damon.

"No please- don't hurt him" Elena begs. "I'm doing you a favor" He yells at us.

"Lexi loved you, and She was good. That means you are two" I say and very slowly take a step forward.

"I know how you feel, Damon took someone important to me too. He killed my sister, and as much as I hate him, killing him won't bring her back. Which means it won't bring Lexi back" I say and he turns to me.

His face strained with what to do. "Don't kill him, be better than him" I say as Elena takes a few steps to match mine.

"We're begging you. Please" The vampire turns, he picks Damon up and throws him to the far wall of the warehouse.

"Thank you" Elena says in relief as he turns back around. "It wasn't for you" He says before he turns away and leaves.

When he leaves me and Elena runs to Damon. "You got what you deserved" I mummer, soft enough Elena won't hear it but Damon will. He chuckles in response.

After the hole show we decided to leave. Elena drifted to sleep after a while.

It was still dark, she had her head resting on the window. I was texting Matt, telling him I was on my way home.

"I'm sorry" Damon said suddenly. I perk my head up and frown. "What?"

"I'm sorry for turning Vicki. For...killing her" Damon spoke softly. My eyes widened in shock. Damon Salvatore, apologizing.

"Your apologizing?" I question, leaning forward. He rolls his eyes, "Yes I am" I almost laugh.

"Well, I guess I accept your apology" I say, leaning back in my seat.

"I meant what I said back there. You deserved what he did to you, but it was also wrong. Killing you won't bring back Vicki. Best thing I can do now is move on '' He nods in agreement.

"Then maybe we can be friends'' He says, looking at me through the rearview mirror. I give him a look,

"Maybe"

"Wake up mermaid!" Says Damon as he shakes me by the shoulder. "Don't call me that" I say with a groan as I sit up. I realize I'm in the front seat. "Where's Elena?" I mumble as I get out of the car. We were at my house, I leaned besides Damon on the car, waiting for an answer.

"Took her home. You were out for hours" I chuckled "Well, I'm not much of a morning person" I looked up at my house and sighed

"As much as I hate to admit it, and I mean really really hate to admit it. I needed this, granted I was kidnapped at the end, it was nice"

I leaned forward on my toes and looked at him. He grins, "Well it was nice, mermaid" I scowl at him.

"Moment over"

"Agreed"