Miss Mystic Falls - 1

"Okay. This week we are going to set aside our regular curriculum for a lesson in local history" Alaric address the room.

"As we approach founders day, apparently the community leaders feel its more important than world war 2, but hey what do I know?" Alaric half jokes.

Ah founders day, the day dedicated to the founding family, the only event we really even care about is Miss Mystic Falls. Speaking of Miss Mystic, guess who's signed up? That's right folks, Caroline Forbes. Oh CRAP!

I slap my forehead and mutter a curse. Elena and Stefan (he had finally decided to come back)

Gave me a raised eyebrow. I mouth "I'll tell you later"

I entered the competition. For fun I swear, god I need to withdraw, there's no way I'm gonna stand around looking like some pitty showcase.

"Sorry I'm late" Announces a voice as they enter the room. I smile in my seat when I see it's Bonnie. "Looks like we will be at full occupancy. Welcome home Bonnie" Alaric says to her as she walks to her seat.

Stefan leaned in his seat and smiled in Bonnie's direction. Bonnie tensed and turned away from him, focusing on Alaric's lesson. I frowned at the reaction and raised an eyebrow at Elena.

"Bonnie!" Elena called out as we rushed over to her side. We tried talking to her after class but she ran away. And I can honestly understand why. 

"Hey." Bonnie said turning around to face us. 

"Hey, we tried to grab you after class but you already taken off. How are you? How's your family?" Elena asked. 

"We're dealing, it's been hard."

I gave her a smile "Everyone here really missed you."Bonnie nods

"Yeah, I just had so much to deal with after Grams' funeral and, honestly after you told me the tomb spell failed I just didn't really want to come back."

"I hope that you understand why I called...I wanted you to know before you came home." Elena said. 

"I understand why. I just...shouldn't know."

Awkward Long pause later 

"I know it's been really hard..." Elena starts but is cut off by Caroline who runs over to us, arms outstretched towards Bonnie. 

"Bonnie! Bonnie! Thank god you're home!" She exclaims as she hugs her. 

"I know we talked everyday but I missed you.How are you doing?"

"Better. Better. You know, glad to be back and trying to keep myself busy." Caroline smiled 

"Well, I can help with that. Major wardrobe problem. You need to help me pick up the perfect dress for the Founders' court."

Ugh no

Elena frowned "The Founders' court? Did I miss something?"

 "The Founders' court! You know, Miss Mystic Falls. They announced it today and you, Ariel and I are both on it." 
I groaned and covered my face with my hands. I need to withdraw. 

Elena made a face of realization, and sadness. "Oh my god! We signed up for that so long ago...I completely forgot."

"So, are you dropping out then?" Caroline asked. 

"I can't." 

Caroline looks at Bonnie and me in confusion. 

"No?"

"Her mom is the one who wanted her to enter." I informed her. 

I scratched my head, "You know speaking of dropping out that's exactly what I'm doing" I fixed my strap and tried getting away before they all grabbed my bag and pulled me back. 

"No Way!" Elena exclaimed, grabbing my arm. "If I'm doing this, you're doing this" I shook my head rapidly, against the idea.

 "No! Besides, who could I do the dance with?" I ask. 

"You can go with Tyler," Bonnie suggested. Oh, she still doesn't know what happened. I'll fill her in later.

"No way! Absolutely not" 

"Well what about Jeremy?" Caroline asked. 

"No! I love Jeremy, I do but just..no" I said with a shake of my head. 

"Well what about Damon?" 

I made a face  "Hell no. See that does it, I don't have anyone to dance with. Oh well now I'm gonna go withdraw" I make a move to leave but Bonnie grabbed my hand, pulling me back.

 "You guys there's no point. The founders court only picks one or two non-founding families so they don't seem biased when they totally are" I countered earning a nod from Caroline.  Yes that's right Caroline, continue being on my side for dropping out. 

Elena grabbed my hand and pleaded with her eyes. "Please Ariel. For me?" I swear to god, even Bonnie was doing eyes.

Now Caroline was doing it, come on! 

"All Right, All right, fine!" I exclaimed, pulling  my hand back. 

 "I'll do it, but only for you"