Bloodlines - 2

"Listen up everybody! Here's to the man that broke my heart, crushed my soul, destroyed my life, and ruined any and all chances of happiness!" Bree says as she pours us drinks.

I take one and drink it down. Damon grabs Elenas from her hands and drinks it up. "So" Bree says as she turns to me and Elena.

"How'd he rope you in?" She asks. "I'm not roped in. Actually, I'm dating his-" Bree cuts Elena off from saying further.

"Honey if you're not roped, you're whipped. Either way just enjoy the ride" Bree says with a smile. I cough in my hands.

"So how'd you two meet?" I ask as Bree pours me another drink. She smirks. "College" Me and Elena turn to Damon.

"You went to college?" We ask in unison, a smirk playing on my lips. "I've been on a college campus, yes" Damon corrects. 

Bree continues "About 20 years ago. When I was a sweet, young freshman. I met this beautiful man, and I feel in love. And then he told me about his little secret. Made me love him more, because, you see, I had a little secret of my own. That I was dying to share with somebody" Bree shares.

Damon leans back and whispers to us both. "She's a witch"

Bree nods "Changed my world"

"I rocked your world" Damon says with a smirk.

"He is good in a sack, isn't he?" Bree tells us. Elena sits up straight. "But mostly He's just a walk away Joe," Bree says as she puts her shot cup down. "So, what is it you want?" She asks Damon.
~
Me and Elena stepped out, while she called Jenna, I called Matt. "Matt," I say, slipping my hands into my back pockets.

"Where are you?" He asks, his tone filled with anger.

"I'm fine Matt. I just went on a trip out of town. I promise you I'm fine. I'll be back in awhile" He sighs over the phone.

"Fine. But next time can you warn me?" He asks. I nod "I will" I say, ending the call there. I look up and see Elena cut the call on someone, at the same time Damon appears behind her.

"Don't pretend you care, you're gloating inside" She says. My phone rings in my hand and I pick it up. "Hello?"

"Ariel where are you?" Stefan asked, his voice laced with anger. I glance up and see Damon boring his eyes into mine. A warning.

"Listen Stefan, we're fine"

"Did he kidnap you or something?" I shake my head. "No, no he didn't. He gave me the option to go. Listen I have my locket, he can't compel me. I'll watch Elena I promise" I say before cutting the call.

The three of us go back inside to eat. "Let's just say I'm descended from Katherine- does that make me part vampire?" Elena asks as she picks up a French fry.

Damon shakes his head. "Vampires can't procreate, but we love to try" Elena glares at him and he continues

"No, if you were related, it would mean Katherine had a child before she was turned"

"Maybe she did. You did say you didn't really know her past" I say picking up my burger.

He shakes his head. "No" I sigh. "Did Stefan think that he could use me to replace her?" Elena asks. I shake my head at her.

"No, Stefan said that you two were total opposites-"

Damon cuts me off "Kinda creepy if you ask me" Damon notices Elena picking her food and he grabs the pickles from her plate.

"You don't like pickles? What's wrong wrong with you?" He says with a smile.

"How can you even eat? If technically you're supposed to be-" Elena starts

"Dead. It's not such a bad word. As long as I keep a healthy diet of blood in my system, my body functions pretty normally" Damon explains. I lean forward in my seat.

"This nice act? Any of it real?" I ask. He doesn't say anything. "Here you go honey," Bree says, placing two beers in front of me and Damon.

"Thank you" I say, picking it up. "I'll have one two" Elena decrees. Me and Damon turn to look at Elena with eyebrows raised.

"Time out, remember? For 5 minutes? Yeah well that 5 minutes is going to need a beer" She says as Bree puts the beer in front of her.

We clink our drinks together in cheer.

"Ready..Go!" Bree exclaims and I grab my shot glass and bring it to my lips.

"That's 3" Elena and I exclaim when we finish. I lean on Damon and smirk "Do you need a bib?" I ask sarcastically.

"Sorry I can't unhinge my jaw like a snake to consume alcohol" He says.

"Alright whatever" Elena says as she claps her hands on the counter top. "Alright, who's next?" She asks.

"Another round Bree?" I tell her as she prepares it. One of the customers looks at us. "Honey, you two should be on the ground" Elena smiles

"I am not even drunk. My tolerance is like way up here!" She exclaims raising a hand to the roof. I giggle at her. It's been a long time since she's let loose, since either of us have really let loose. I'm not an easy drunk, I guess me and Vicki are alike in that way.

Elena cheers when she gets a whole in one at the pool. She yelled in joy and spun in her step.

I laughed at her. Her phone rang and she went to get it. "Jenna?" She grabbed her sweater and went outside to hear her better.

I followed in tow. Elena tripped and I reached to help her up when I felt hands grab me, one closing around my mouth.

I let out a muffled scream, making Elena turn around, her eyes widened and she was about to scream when her pupils dilated.

"Forget what you saw" The person who held me ordered her. Elena shook her head and picked up her phone.

"Sorry Jenna. I tripped'' She pulled back a strand of hair and talked to Jenna. He's a vampire. I suddenly realize, my blood turning cold.