162 Candles - 1

The first thing I see when I wake up is the roof, followed by a blond woman, brown eyes and fangs. I screamed and backed away from her, falling off the bed, My feet tangled in the sheets. I expect her to bite me or something, instead she's laughing.

She's actually doubled over in laughter. Okay am I in danger or?

The door opens and Stefan pokes his head in with a worried look, it fades when he sees the vampire laughing in the shade. "I thought I told you to leave her alone" He scolded as he approached me and helped me to my feet.

The vampires laughter died out but she was still smirking "Well sue me, there's a human living with my best friend. I had to see for myself" She said, defending her actions for scaring me half to death.

"So.." She said giving me a look over. "Is this Elena?" I feel my face flush red hot. I shake my head along with Stefan. "Lexi this is Ariel. Ariel this is Lexi, my best friend" He said with a smile.

Lexi smiled at me. "I'm sorry for scaring you" I smile lightly, still a bit shaken, well that wasn't really her fault, and wave it off with a hand.

"It's fine, really" My phone rings and I reach for it, checking the caller I.d. Matt. I swallow the lump in my throat before picking up.

"Hello?"

"Ariel where are you?"

"I'm at a friends house. Why what's going on?"

"Well they're asking us to go to the sheriffs office. Interrogation for Vickis disappearance"

"Okay, I'll be there in a few" I say before cutting the call. I turn to Stefan, "Did they call you too?" He only nods

"I'll wait for you outside" He says and leaves me to change and get ready. Lexi stayed, leaning on the wall by the open window. "You mind?" She asks, pointing to the window.

"You don't have a daylight ring?" I ask as I close the curtains, blocking the sun light. She lifts her hands up, wiggling her fingers. "Nope. Only Stefan and Damon have those" I scowl for a second as I grab a pair of clean clothes from my bag.

"So you've already Damon" She adds with a chuckle as she plops down on the bed. "Sadly" I mutter as I walk to the conjoined bathroom to change.

 I hear her move to the door, "So how did you find out about vamps?" I slip out of my leggings and respond.

"I might have appeared at the wrong moment" I said, slipping on my jeans. "What happened, you look like you've been crying all night"

I look myself in the mirror and realize she's right. I have circles from lack of sleep under my eyes, and my eyes are red and puffy. "I lost someone yesterday" I explained lightly. I sighed and applied a layer of foundation to hide that.  

I open the door and find Lexi on my bed again. "I'm sorry for your loss" I smile as She hands me my purse and I take it, putting my makeup inside. "Thanks. "So what are you doing here?" I ask, not wanting to talk about the subject of loss any longer.

We leave the room and start heading to the door, When Stefan comes to view by the door is when she responds

"It's Stefan Salvatore's Birthday" She said, smiling.

"Ooh is it" I ask with a smirk. He rolls his eyes playfully.

"Thanks Lexi" He says sarcastically. "Your welcome" I smile.

"Right well we go to go, I'll see you in a bit" He says opening the door, I give Lexi a smile before leaving. "Nice meeting you" She nods and waves,